Unable to update firmware

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by thelankygeek, Sep 24, 2016.

1. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Anyone help with this please? Just got my X9S trying to update the firmware but it fails everytime. I end up at this screen when it reboots? Can reboot back to system but the update fails.

Have tried putting the update on usb stick too and installing from there. Same error.

See attached pic for screen

Attached Files:

2. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Anyone any idea? Its driving me nuts not sure if I have a faulty unit. Just dont seem to be able to update the firmware.

3. Lony

Lony Active Member

Go now no update, or if the error only when updating.

You don`t unpack the File on the USB Stick. Which Format has the USB Stick FAT32 or NTFS, take Fat32 and tested it.

4. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

The error comes up when press confirm update and device reboots.

I have tried installing from sd card, usb drive or just from internal storage. Results in the same screen like in the picture.

5. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

All usb or sd card have been formatted to fat 32

6. Lony

Lony Active Member

You must install from a USB Stick !!!! No SD, NO HD, NO Internal !

7. Lony

Lony Active Member

Please tested it with the USB Ports, USB3 and two USB2

8. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Will try on the other ports and report back. Thanks

9. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Still the same... same error as in pic.

Does not matter what port I use. I think the device is faulty.

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Download this file http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X9S/image/v1.2.3/v1.2.3_img.zip
    and then strictly follow instructions as in this page http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/g...e_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=/faq_page/9nCdOWqz+dw=.html
    Take care to rename downloaded file as indicated in procedure.
    I've used that procedure succesfully today.

To give you full details, I've done a step more then that shown in instructions, I've also extracted the file contained in the zip on the USB pendrive, then on my pendrive there was both the zip renamed and the file contained in the zip itself.
    Maybe was useless or unnecessary, but in the case the flashing will not work, you may try my (useless?) way.

Good luck!

Lony likes this.
  11. Lony

Lony Active Member

Unpack the File and Placed the install.img on a USB Stick. (Root) This ist a recovery Image and must install in Safe Mode.

The Flash incl. Installation takes 7- 8 minutes , stay tuned, no power of and wait for the first Screen.

12. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Thank you for your help guys! This has worked perfect. :) Is there a reason it had to be done this way?

I do not want to have to wipe the box each time I update.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

thelankygeek, sorry, I don't know. I have done a flash in that way for a similar problem (not upgrading at all, neither a flash try after the reboot, sorry if is not a understandable explanation...), but previous OTA update was smooth.
    So, i think is not yet time to worry about.
    Wait next FW update and check what happens. If that problem appears again, try a device substitution. Providing that this issue was not caused by something you have installed, who knows?

My choice, until Zidoo release or approve an official rooting procedure/app, will be to keep my X9S as close as originally was.

14. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Yeah its a strange one, I suppose will never know till the next update if its fixed or not. I am going to keep it as close to stock as I can for now.

At least it seems to be more stable now. Could not have been anything I installed as it was at Stock.

Thanks for your help getting it sorted.