UHD3000 why such poor INTERLACING on this premium unit ??

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by JohnnyH, Feb 3, 2023.

1. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

I have a stack load of DVDs that play awful on the UHD3000,

Why is the interlacing so bad and frame sync so bad ???

Come on .,.... this is a premium player, one should be able to play any video file correctly

The interlacing and DVD playback on the UHD3000 is worst than VLC player ??

I would just like to say, this is more related to UK TV shows from the 70s and 80s DVDs,
    they play awful, it must have something to do with the PAL 25 frames interlacing and the field / frame order playback

I guess UHD3000 can not deal with high end interlace processing from older DVD material, I do appreciate how good it is on modern formats, but have a great deal of older DVDs that are not available on blu ray

regards

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Seriously? Garbage in, garbage out I say... taking 480i or whatever standard def sources you are playing and asking the Zidoo to magically make that look good on a larger screen digital display is a tough ask. What is the size of your display and resolution? And if you are outputting as is, then it is your display that is doing a crappy job of upconverting to whatever resolution of your panel. Instead of just complaing about how bad the UHD3000 is, I think you would better served asking others for advice on how best to display tricky older standard def sources such as what you have.

Netmask likes this.
  3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't think you can output interlaced source as is from Zidoo. It will convert it to progressive frames. I have some old family movies made on Sony handycam. Source is 1080i. It comes out from Zidoo as HD at 60fps and pretty good. No dropped frames or any stutter. TV is stretching it to 4K.

The same file using VLC comes out as 30fps on the computer. Using direct HDMI cable from handycam to the TV I get 60fps progressive smooth video just like from Zidoo.

4. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

You obviously dont't understand ? ....

I am not expecting the Zidoo to magically upscale or improve the qiality of DVD, what a totally stupid statement

I'm more than happy to watch it and play it in its native screen size too

But Deano....

What I would like see and expect! is the Zidoo decode DVD format and de Interlacing correctly, even more as this is a premium player

Yes I have a collection a rare DVDs that are not on BluRay, I own many many more 4K films

The long and short.... THE ZIDDO CAN NOT DEAL WITH INDUSTRY STANDARD DE INTERLACING

Well done to 3Dbuff.... an inteligent reply

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There were few people complaining about DVD issues in the past. It never got any traction with Zidoo support. Some people were saying that this is Ferrari and it doesn't drive well as slow speeds.

Z9X current model works for me with 1080i videos. Older model X9s has serious issues with those files but it would play 4K HDR 60fps without a glitch.