UHD2000 Help & Advice

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 1JMF, May 28, 2020.

1. 1JMF

1JMF New Member

Hello all,
    During these unprecedented times of lock down I thought I need a project, so I thought I would embark on digitising my Blu ray collection with 4K Blu rays to follow (to be purchased)

In preparation I have followed different threads and purchased the UHD2000 and X1 12TB WD Red HD.
    I have an old MAC to Rip and Transcode.

Now because I am very new to this I do have some questions that might be very obvious to you knowledgeable folk but to me not so.

Given that I have an old MAC, I need to format the 12 TB Red HD for the internal storage on the UHD, what do you use as the best File system? NTFS, exFAT, EXT3,EXT4?

How to save film files so as they can be recognised and organised in the UHD2000 internal memory (HD)?

How to transfer Films to the UHD2000? Ethernet (Network) or USB?

Thank you in advance for the help and advice....

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This player is very flexible. Everything mentioned by you will work. It is your preference what you like best.
    Just play with the various options and then make your choices. There is no best way.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  3. 1JMF

1JMF New Member

@Nice Monkey
    Thank you for the response, I have read quite a few of your posts already and found them to be really helpful so thanks again.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Its a pleasure.