UHD2000 freezes during playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by AmanM, Mar 28, 2021.

1. AmanM

AmanM New Member

Hi all - I have the Zidoo UHD2000 playing my backed up discs (MKV files) which are stored on a Synology NAS and connected via Cat5.

After months of perfect use, in the last couple days the playback freezes after 2-10 mins of watching. I then find i can't watch any films at all without rebooting the Zidoo.

I've tried turning off the Zidoo, my NAS and router and rebooting everything, but the problem persists - all I'm getting are short periods of viewing before a freeze of the film which does not unfreeze at any point.

I haven't made any changes to the UHD2000 or my network vs previous trouble-free use. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

2. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

You might need to do a reset or complete relfash... Is the zidoo connected via wifi?

3. AmanM

AmanM New Member

Hi, the Zidoo is hardwired in via ethernet. I just did a full power down of every networking and AV device in the house, turned on the router first then slowly powered back all the devices - I think this would have eliminated any IP conflict issues. However, tried watching another film and after 5 mins or so of watching, the film just freezes.

It does seem like this might be a zidoo issue rather than a network issue at this point. It just seems so odd considering everything was running so smoothly until last weekend. Considering how expensive the UHD2000 was, this is more than a little disappointing for nine months of ownership!

I guess a UHD2000 reset is in order? Or if anyone has any other suggestions, I am all ears!

4. AmanM

AmanM New Member

FIXED - just a quick update - it turned out the NAS had an IP conflict with my printer, so I have moved the NAS to a different IP address and problem is solved. Wanted to post a reply in case anyone else encounters this symptom.