Uhd2000 audio sync problems

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Billdig, May 25, 2020.

1. Billdig

Billdig New Member

I just bought a Uhd2000. Video and audio quality is exccellent in my opinion.
    The main problem is that audio signal is out of sync with the video signal when using the RCA outputs (of course in that case Dac digital audio is activated). The problem happens with every kind of video. There is no sync problem if I use the digital audio output (coaxial or optical) to send the audio signal to my external Dac Marantz. I cannot say about HDMI. I never use HDMI to listen to the audio.
    I dont know if changing the firmware the problem would be solved. My player has arrived with firmware 2.3.3. I downloaded from Zidoo site firmware 2.3.10, but I was unable to update (it says there are errors in the file)
    If I can solve the audio problem I would be happy 100%, because picture and sound of the player are excellent.

2. Billdig

Billdig New Member

I also tried the audio offset function in the Advanced Setting, but the problem remains.
    I tried every video resolution, but that also didn't work

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Very strange! You should not have problems updating it (manually via USB or OTA). Download it again (do a MD5 check if you know how to do that) and retry. You can try unzipping it also on a PC which should neither produce any errors.

You are sure putting the zip as a whole on an USB stick when trying to update manually?
    If the problem repeats contact the seller as this is definitely not normal.

For the original problem. Using a different path for Video and Audio may leed to out-of-sync conditions. There is a specific setting for adjusting that in Quick Setup (Playback => Audio offset). Does that not work? Neither after the FW update?

You can fairly safely try even this one:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...beta-version-for-zidoo-uhd2000-release.77576/
    But a warning you can't go back.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just to confirm your player arrived with 2.3.30 ?
    if so you wont be able to upgrade to a lower version 2.3.10

Can you confirm you have v 2.3.30 firmware first .

or is it a typo error ?

5. Nice Monkey

Overlooked that detail. :oops:

DELUCAS likes this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

He just needs to confirm it
    But it read he had the latest but read 2.3.3.

which id imagine is 2.3.30

7. Billdig

Billdig New Member

I don't think I have the latest firmware, my firmware is 2.3.3 not firmware 2.3.30. I read that my firmware was released on november 2019. I just bought my player here in Italy from Amazon. Probably my unit stayed in their warehouse for many months, so it's equipped with on old Firmware .Version 2.3.10 is the only one that i found on Zidoo official site, I'll try with the most recent beta.
    Thanks for the suggestion, i already tried vith Audio offset, delay and ahead functions, But it didn't work. I'll keep on experimenting, maybe with new firmware. I will post here the solution if I can find one.

8. Nice Monkey

When enabled it should then even automatically update to v2.3.10 using OTA.

9. Billdig

Billdig New Member

I'll try again. Anyway I am pretty sure that I already followed the correct procedure:
    1. Downloaded the .zip firmware 2.3.10 file
    2. .zip firmware file copied on a usb pen drive previously formatted in fat32. No other files on that pen drive, only the .zip firmware file
    3. Inserted the pen drive on usb 2.0 front panel, selected Local Update function, a pop up window immediately comes up saying something like "file verification" (I use italian language) and after about 5 minutes during which I hear that theunity is working on something,the same pop up window says something like "files incomplete/with error")

10. Nice Monkey

That is the manual procedure not OTA (Over The Air) . Choose "Online update" not "Local Update" for OTA.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  11. Billdig

Billdig New Member

I also tried that but that way it says that the unit has already an updated firmware.

12. Nice Monkey

You tried downloading again from Zidoo directly also?

13. Fapaci

Fapaci New Member

Another audio sync issue. I'm using the UHD2000 with internal DAC and analogue XLR output with the latest firmware. This setup gives 275 msec delay in the audio rout. This is not an issue because we can set ahead it in the menu. But every time when I started a movie the offset automatically jump to zero and I have to set it manually again to 275 ms. This is a frustrating issue. How can I fix this?

14. Nice Monkey

Don't have the player anymore so can't test and frankly used the Analog Out only for music. Will ask the owner of the player to confirm for me.
    Audio Delay set should be sticky (kept at end of movie play and also power cycling the player). If not a problem for Zidoo to solve