UHD 2000 No Boot - Bricked?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Shid, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Shid

Shid New Member

Hi fellow Zidoo enthusiasts!

I have a big problem with my UHD2000 and I'm in desperate need of some help.
    One day my box froze up during playback, and when I tried to reboot it, only the fan started to spin but no other life signs came out of the appliance (no video on any output, no front panel messages).

I tried the how to flash UHD2000 box this guide, but with no success, I can't boot from USB or get any response from the box whatsoever.

Unfortunately the box is out of warranty, so I wrote to Zidoo support, they recommended that I should try this unbrick method instead.
    However, I'm still not able to do a proper boot or recovery. But I managed to get some logs from the UART ports.

First of all there are 3 UART ports in the UHD2000, instead of one mentioned in the guide (it's based on z9x) do anyone know what's the difference between the ports?

[​IMG]
    (see uploaded picture)
    On port 1. I can't get any communication
    On port 2. I got "log1.txt" but basically it's stuck after AUDIOEN
    On port 3. I got more "log2.txt" It keeps looping on messages
    EP951E Sink Plug out.
    EP951E_Reset.------------

I cant get it to boot to flash mode on either of the ports.

EP951E is the chip on the picture highlighted in green, is it possible that the board is faulty?
    Does anyone have any other method that I can try to repair my box?

Thanks Guys!

Attached Files:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I assume that connectors 2 & 3 are related to the audio side of things and connector 1 is the one you want to use to connect to the SOC.

Assuming you connect TX-RX, RX-TX and Gnd-Gnd (Vcc not connected since the UART is powered from the host USB port) you should be able to get a response with a terminal emulator - I used PuTTY.

One point to note is you have to connect to the UART at 115200 baud.

Have to be honest, the fact that it bricked mid playback doesn't bode well - it usually needs some serious user abuse to do it so this could well be an unrecoverable hardware failure.

3. Shid

Shid New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I tried again the SOC port with 115200 baud, unfortunately still no life signs :(.
    I don't see any damage on the box or IC, the problem arose during normal use, everything froze in place then after restart it's stuck in this state.

4. Markswift2003

Doesn't sound good - I've bricked these boxes many times now (it almost became a hobby at one point!), but I've never failed to get into U-boot - even when the OS crashes completely and the box is effectively "off" I've still been able to get a Realtek> prompt.

5. Shid

Shid New Member

Does anyone know that is it possible to buy a new board from Zidoo, or are they dealing with board repair?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

You should send your question to sales@zidoo.tv

7. Markswift2003

I've had a board sent so they are available - not sure whether they sell them as a matter of course, but as @McBluna says, email them, they're usually extremely helpful.

8. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

I have the same problem with my X20 Pro. Did you solve the problem. Do you have any suggestion for me. Also I have tried to connect the device from RS232 port and no success.

If there is any method to connect from SOC port (no# 1 above) or by ethernet, could you help.