TV Shows still showing Specials instead of regular episodes

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Just wondering if this will ever be fixed? Zidoo seems to blame TVDB API Yet every other media manager I've tried works fine with the same series like Kodi, Emby and plex all show the correct episodes. On zidoo for many shows that have specials, it will show the specials as S01E01, S02E01,S03E01 all showing the same S00E01 Special instead of the regular TV Show episodes that belong to those seasons........ IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS!

MsieurSeb likes this.
  2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Can you shed some more light into this please?
    Let’s take Billions for example:
    https://www.thetvdb.com/series/billions
    All the extras are in Season 0 on theTVdb. I have the show scanned with Jellyfin and I have the extras from the BDs ripped as S01E00 and put it in the Season 1 folder. Example:
    Billions/Season 1/Billions.S01E00 Character Development.mkv

Jellfin does not scrape those correctly. I don’t get any information from theTVdb and it just displays the name of the file. However, they are in Season 1.

I prefer to have the extras in the corresponding season as you, but Zidoo only does how theTVdb has them listed.

3. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

The problem has already been said ... It becomes painful ... ;(

4. Nicholas Hewitt

What I;m saying is that I have for example Big Bang Theory Season 1-10 that's it. However many special episodes there are listed on TVDB is what it will show for the same amount of episodes for every season. Even though I don't have the specials, it shows S01E01,S02E01,S03E01,S04E01,S05E01,S06E01,S07E01,S08E01,S09E01S10E01 AS S00E01 - unaired pilot. There are 6 specials for this show, so the first 6 episodes of every season show the same 6 specials instead of the proper episodes.

5. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I just did a test and I feel like I found the solution. I think this is a problem with the filename.

Exemple:

The Flash (2014)
    -The Flash (2014).S07E01.(1080p)(AAC)
    -The Flash (2014).S07E02.(1080p)(AAC)...

TVDB finds me well season 7 and does not put me the special episodes.

6. Nicholas Hewitt

@mirror maybe you could mention this to Zidoo. I haven't tested it yet though, but will in a few hours when I get home. I will update this after I test it.

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

So what kind of file names cause the problems?

8. Nicholas Hewitt

I tried the Zidoo naming convention on one of my shows and it didn't make a difference. It still shows the specials as episode 1 and 2,3,4 etc....

9. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member