TS recording h264 annex-B compliance

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by danman, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Is there any chance we could as simple user have apk soon. Or we have to try building from scratch (witch by the way I can not acheive). I would like to stream to my pc because I am using lightpack (led light on back of my tv). Prismatik software do not work on android and I would like to stream tv...

2. danman

danman Member

I'm doing this in my free time and without any reward so you must either wait or hire someone, who will make it for you quickly if you are in hurry.

3. Sarco

I am not in hurry, sorry did not want to push you. Just hoping it could be done... I have some skill in computer but not realy in. If you need something just ask me. Thank you for your reply.

4. danman

danman Member

Try the latest version of APK, it has first version of settings menu integrated. To show settings, press menu on remote, edit and save settings and then turn off/on the application to apply changes and restart stream

5. Sarco

Thank you, the app work fine, now I have trouble to read on my pc but problem is the one sitting behind the computer. I do not have knowledge of what to do but I learn fast. Tommorow I will do session of streaming stuff with vlc (have error with buffer). Again thank you very much, maybe I should install ubuntu. By the way I install android studio (have to add a line to code deprecated stuff but it is working) and can see your work to see settings. Very nice of you.!

6. Sarco

The line I add in android studio 1.5.1 is in gradle.properties

android.useDeprecatedNdk=true

If someone need it.

wojtekadams likes this.
  7. Sarco

I try but fail, I put dd-wrt on my router, I install ubuntu 14. In windows and ubuntu vlc do not read ts file, I try XBMC no luck. I configure ZidooStreamer mpeg ts and put adress of my PC udp://192.168.10.110 as destination (Zidoo is 192.168.10.120 wireless but pc on ethernet) When trying to open stream I got error.
    Somebody know if I need setting my router, or adress of stream must be something else. Thank.

8. danman

danman Member

9. Sarco

I finaly found something working, install kde and use dragon player, video work great but no sound.... at least stream working. My search for the true is near :D

10. Sarco

Youpi! Eureka wonderfull, everything run smooth, thank thank thank....

danman likes this.
  11. Paul Craton

Paul Craton New Member

@danman do you have an apk I can try? I'm based in sydney.

12. danman

danman Member

13. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

Bravo - fantastic job
    How can non tech cameraman like myself use this to stream to rtmp?
    Bruce

14. Sarco

I just test auto start at boot by selecting zidoostreamer icon and menu on remote, unfortunatly app start before network and stream not present. Maybe if zidoo team have a look at automatic start and make it work after network on, the result would be that feature will not be need in zidoostreamer.

15. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

anyone knows what kodi PVR plugin can be used to record the UDP stream?

16. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Hi Danman, I am trying to add more recording functions with an app.. but I have some issues and questions:
    1. I am currently using wireless adb to install my compiled apk to the device... is it possible to use wired adb instead?
    2. I often run into issues with the camera.open(5) function.. it often returns null... It is more often when I switch between the official recorder app and my app. I am making sure that i am releasing the camera and mediarecorder on my app but I just encounter issues when I switch between the apps. Have you encountered such issue?
    thx in advance for your reply

17. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

When i switch between your streaming app and the official recording app ... sometimes recording does not work properly... the resulted video is "corrupted" and has only a black screen.

18. Sarco

Lot of problem if your not shutting down zidoo when using zidoostreamer sometime it play hdmi in background... I always turn off my zidoo. If zidoo connect to hdmi when shutting down with streamer lot of noise comming from speaker for a while.

19. Sarco

Is there a way to increase bitrate? It is working great for streaming to my pc but fast scene (specialy with beautiful tree with lot of leafs :)) are pixelate. Can I add it in the destination url?

20. danman

danman Member

the latest version on github has the option to set audio/video bitrate and fine tune ffmpeg command.