Trying to install version G firmware...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kursun, May 29, 2021.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Exactly you always need to get the correct APP version to install them on Android Leanback or Android TV.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  3. MetalGear

MetalGear New Member

Thank you! so I need to download the specific app version, I thought all of them are the same. Thank you.

4. S Shah

S Shah New Member

I accidentally updated Z9X to beta version 6.4.20 (Beta) and now I am trying to install the G version to have Google play store and this error message, “Verifying failed, the upgrade package is lower than the current version”.
    The problem is the device sees this G version firmware as an older version than the one already installed and refuses to install the version with G suffix.
    How can I install the Google Play?? Thanks

5. McBluna

In this case, you've to go through the process of flashing the recovery image first and then upgrading to latest firmware.
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-recovery-images/#z9x

6. allansesto

allansesto New Member

Hey Folks,

I need Some help. When try change my Version to G-Version, I have receive failed with "Verifying failed, the upgrade package is lower than the current version”. I also try change to some old version and Flashing Recovery but the Flashing recovery I have difficult because when push button and put on power my screen stay freezen in "Ziddo" logo.

Tks!

Allan

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Normally you can re-install the current FW version which implicitly allows swapping between standard and _G versions of the same release.

8. allansesto

allansesto New Member

I suppose what zidoo have removed some function. I'm 6.4.20 (beta). They not reset firmware and not allowed change firmware to G_Version. Like if had disable from reset button or any process reset.

My stip: *Not update to 6.4.20*

9. allansesto

allansesto New Member

Hey Folk!!

FINALLY I GOT!!!

The file original ".img" should be download from mega.nz, like Zidoo say in your site. The File in Mcbluna (OneDrive) not is Original for flash install.

When your put "reset" button and power togheter, it sourch for IMG file and you cant just rename extension zip to img just. You need the file "img" original (1.8GB) not Zip file

After all this, you can do master reset from Zero your zidoo.

10. McBluna

The download on my site is the zipped img file. I've zipped it because it saves about 50% size. And btw downloading from MEGA sucks. I'll add a comment to the recovery image download page for people like you.

I hope this makes it more clear
    Screenshot 2022-09-22 083852.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  11. Miki1971

Miki1971 New Member

Hi guys, I am new with zidoo neo alpha, you can install google play store in this kind model of zidoo