Trouble with getting VPN to work

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by OleSchool, Apr 27, 2015.

1. OleSchool

OleSchool New Member

I installed the private internet access app from the Google Play store on my X9 and can't get it to connect to the service. It bombs out after "adding routes" Anyone else have this problem? If so I would love to know how you got it to work.

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Please tell me you use the apk.

Maybe you can try Install the x9_vpn_Settings.apk.
    After trying to Settings->System->"More..."->"VPN".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. OleSchool

OleSchool New Member

Warren_wh,

Thanks for the vpn settings. I setup the private internet access settings and it will not stay connected on the service side, it fails after adding routes. I will play with the settings but I don't think that it's going to work with 4.4.2 I might have to wait for an OS upgrade to come out before I can get this to work. I read some place that KITKAT has issues with VPN.

4. OleSchool

OleSchool New Member

Anybody else running a Vpn client on the Zidoo box and has it working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. bovoro

bovoro Member

i have HotSpot Shield Elite account and the APK doesnt Work on Zidoo :( its a shame .......

6. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

we have already been dealing with VPN function problem, thx for ur pointing this error out.

7. bovoro

bovoro Member

any news about connecting trough vpn ?ยก???

8. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

9. bovoro

bovoro Member

but ihave a elite account to hotspot VPN SHIELD , and they connected via APK no account and password settings

10. OleSchool

OleSchool New Member

The ipsec way doesn't work either. After researching this problem I found that 4.4.2 is the problem. With that said are you guys going to upgrade the os anytime soon?

11. Bobo Hoban

Bobo Hoban New Member

Is there any further news or solve to the VPN problem

12. enahsak

enahsak New Member

Seeing up a VPN works if the device is connected via Wi-Fi. If the device is connected via Ethernet cable the device won't connect through a VPN.

13. vinnie1983

vinnie1983 New Member

Still no working vpn when will this be fixed living in uk only way box works is through Vpn

14. winchesterstoke

winchesterstoke New Member

When I go to Settings -> System -> More...

...the only option I have is "Portable Hotspot" - no VPN?

15. Larry Lootsteen

Larry Lootsteen New Member

I was told if I go int Wi-Fi, advanced settings and chg to static IP and enter specific IPs for DNS1, DNS2, mine would work. That was fine except the 'save' button on there will not work so won't store the information. Any idea why?