Totally restore both OS to X8

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by chupa, Jan 21, 2018.

1. chupa

chupa New Member

Good evening to the whole forum, I am the owner of an X8 would like to congratulate you because I had tried many of Android Box but surely yours in this price range is the best I've ever tried.

I come to the point of the thread, not currently using OpenWRT and I wanted to disable it completely so I went into the openWRT configuration via the browser on the X8 and I disabled the automatic start of all the services related to OpenWRT and I could no longer communicate with internet, then failing to solve I decided to update the firmware hoping to solve the problem so I updated to version 1.4.12 but also doing so I have not solved now the internet works but if I go into the OpenWRT settings via the Android menu and click "Openwrt Settings" gives me an error saying that "the settings app has crashed" and even entering the browser and entering the address 127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/luci tells me that it is not reachable and even the ssh connection is not possible, now I would like to understand if it is possible to restore totally the factory data both for the Android OS and for the Linux-base that manages OpenWRT. Thank you

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

3. chupa

chupa New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Sarco. I try, and I'll let you know

4. chupa

chupa New Member

Ok WORKED, now OpenWRT works.

So to recap (for other inexperienced users like me) the OTA update does not touch the OS that manages OpenWRT, while instead the flash firmware totally resets both OS.

Thanks again for your help Sarco.