Tidal lossless music and hi-Rez MQA player request

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by DolbyVision, Feb 23, 2019.

1. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

Would like Zidoo to fully support Tidal music.
    Turn every Zidoo player into a hi-end streamer.
    Now Tidal as an Android app only transmits 16 bit 48 kHz but it can transmit 24 bit 88 KHz.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Use my Onkyo AMP for music streaming services myself instead Works well and controls are fully designed to work without the need for a screen/display to be turned on.

3. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Wanting streaming on an Android TV box without real offical Android TV isn't something I would suggest to expect. I use Zidoos for playing local audio and video content only and a dedicated streaming device for online based content.

I doubt Zidoo would ever go through the expense of MQA certification and licensing. It would drive the cost up. There are few inexpensive MQA certified devices.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Licenses is not so much the problem. Drivers is.
    https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/products/usb-audio-player-pro
    Not using it myself but also Tidal with MQA is supported by this excellent APP.
    It won't find the special audio drivers included with Zidoo Music Player 3.0, so for now you need an USB DAC to make it work above 48 kHz standard Android. But enjoying MQA you probably want a good DAC anyway?

Use this APP with my Zidoo Z9S purely for connecting my USB DAC myself.

I expect this APP to work with the new UHD2000 player directly too (using Internal USB). It does not with X20 Pro (using I2S) which Audio Panel DAC is not found (search for Gapless Playback here).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  5. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

The MQA organization can assist in all hardware and software requirements to support MQA. Making a driver with the support of the MQA for Android would not be 100% the domain of Zidoo but with MQA assistance since they exercise complete control over the format and all devices that can 'unfold' MQA. Which gets back to certification. Certification isn't non-trivial. MQA is an end to end standard from the content creator to the end device and content control is exercised every step of the way and requires more than a driver but an MQA compatible DAC. The drivers aren't a big deal. LG V40 and G7 have drivers to bypass the standand Android audio system to play MQA much as Zidoo has drivers to bypass the standand Android audio system to support SACD/DSD. Those two LG phones also contain a MQA compatible DAC. A compatible DAC supplier may even supply the need driver if needed.

Certified MQA DACs and devices pay a fee for that privilege and undergo a certification process.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019