The Volume Problem when opening Media Player through KODI...

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by papirus, Jun 21, 2015.

1. papirus

papirus Member

Hi ,

On Zidoo X9 device with v1.0.3.3 firmware, when we open any mkv or mp4 format video file,
    the devices own media player comes into play. But the video starts always with %100 volume level,
    and we always have to turn the volume down.

Whenas, when we play the video file directly through Explorer, the volume level is normal.

Starting with %100 volume level when we open the video file on media player through the KODI
    is a really annoying problem.

It should be provided that the video starts with the original (or reasonable) volume level
    and we should not have to turn the volume down everytime.

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hiļ¼ŒThank you very much for your feedback, please try to open the kodi, adjust the volume.

3. highlander1v

highlander1v New Member

Yes i have exactly the same problem and its alarming to hear full volume especially on my surround sound system. Asking us to turn the volume down (which is what we have to do anyway) is hardly any type of solution, there must be some way to fix this (hopefully before my expensive speakers blow) i bught the x9 because of its support,
    "adjust the volume after opening kodi" is not the answer.

4. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

I think it saves the volume as a setting?

5. highlander1v

highlander1v New Member

Unfortunately it doesnt work.

6. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I don't know why using external player... if you use a surround system, the best result should be with passthrue (in passthrue there is no volume just signal). Maybe setting kodi to passthrue the external player will use that setting. Difference between passthrue and chanel (2 to 5.1) is that the signal going passthrue is send raw to surround system (the system will decode the signal) that method is the best. When using kodi 5.1 chanel, kodi decode the signal and send lpcm (all chanel are send in a linear way and the surround system reproduce to each speaker)

7. highlander1v

highlander1v New Member

Hi, sorry i forgot to mention this is opening in kodi not an external player.