the red color becomes bright-red color

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by OlivierQC, Dec 14, 2016.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello zidoo team,

sometimes, and i do not know why, the red color seems to be bright-red color on the screen after turning on the X8/X9S, it does not happen all the time, it seems random.

To solve this problem, i go into the option Deep color mode and change the AUTO mode with something else after that i chose the AUTO mode again.

when I return to the home screen, the red color is correct.

where does the problem come from ?

Thanks in advance

OlivierQC

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

@ Zidoo Team

do you have an opinion

Have nice evening

3. spring

spring Guest

i will check this problem

4. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I have a similar problem. Not exactly the same though. My x9s is connected to a Pioneer AVR. When I boot the machine, I see pink-ish color instead of black in the zidoo logo screen. When it gets to the main menu, colors seems ok. If I reboot x9s, I see again pink color all over like a transparent pink filter. And in the menu, the color remains. If I switch to another source and then back to x9s, the colors become fine.

My TV supports deep color and I do not have any other issues with other devices like Mede8er 600x3D (and yes, it operates in deep color mode too). My x9s setting for deep color is set to Auto and colorspace to auto. For the later I tried 4:2:2 but strangely enough after the reboot, the color becomes red! The only way to not have this is to switch colorspace to RGB but then good bye x.V. Color.

So yesterday I tried different HDMI (didn't change anything) and direct to TV connection of x9s without going through the AVR. This worked. Olivier, I suppose you have your Zidoo connected to an AVR. Try direct to TV connection and see what happens. It may not be related to what you posted, but it may also be related. Personally, for my issue, I find it annoying having to switch to other input on the AVR and then to x9s after every reboot.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  5. wesk05

wesk05 Member Beta test group

I have seen it randomly set the extended colorimetry bits (EC0-2) in the HDMI AVI InfoFrame to xvYCC601. It also randomly sets the colorimetry bit to BT.2020. These are likely to result in "brighter red" .

I have also seen the pink hue issue that @nikos_a is reporting. I sometimes see it when X9S is connected to my HDMI anlayzers (Quantum Data/Murideo). Sorry! I haven't bothered to check what is causing it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016