RELEASE The new firmware v1.0.3.3 for x9 Release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by mirror, Jun 6, 2015.

1. wwwilkinswu

wwwilkinswu New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi Paprus,
    Thank you for your suggestion and for our criticism. The question you submitted, our R&D team have been in the assessment and following up. As we know, it's a complicated process for R&D, including the realizability and priority level, etc. Durig this process, we may not have been updated our progress in the FORUM. Most of time our engineers are in CODING so that could not give responses in time.
    X9 is not a simple Media Player. Not only make it be a player, but also a lot of work to do with it. However, we believe that, ZIDOO X9 is the best player among all of Android box. It doesn't mean that we satisfied with this, and will not update any longer. In fact, we do hope to get more feedback from our users, and keep improving.
    Thank you.

2. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

You can prevent a lot of complaining on this forum by:
    • Not making false promises in advertising

• Have at least the common courtesy to respond if a problem is presented on the forum:
      There is NOTHING more frustrating than having spend a LOT of time investigating and documenting an issue, posting it here on the forum and not having any responses from a Zidoo representative. A forum moderator/tech support could at least answer that a problem is being investigated.

• Understanding what the poster is saying:
      It seems that sometimes a (more technical) issue posted here is totally not understand and/or misread. The answer doesn't have anything to do with the problem

• Fixing problems first:
      It also seems to the common user that more developing time is spend on new features rather than resolving outstanding issues

• Fix the issues then can easily be fixed
      For instance, from day 1, the firmware has been filled with little translation errors. This looks very unprofessional. You don't need 50 developers to fix that, just a good translator

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  3. papirus

papirus Member

I'm totally agree with you...

4. papirus

papirus Member

Hello,

This cannot be an excuse.

Because, your rivals have already dealed with these problems. On the media players of Egreat, Himedia, Eweat, there are not subtitle problems like this. Even on the Egreat M32B which i bought 5 Years ago.

If you're saying that X9 isn't a simple media player and best Android box in the market, you have to find a way to play videos perfectly with a good subtitle function. I don't think that it's so hard to make saving the subtitle settings in memory and playing the video with same named subtitle automatically, as long as the R&D developers persist on their work.

It can be a complicated process like you said but we're waiting for weeks . It's so bad that you push this problems into the background.

I recommend that your R&D dept. delay HDMI In, PiP etc. details and quickly focus on the subtitle problem.

Of course, updating HDMI In, PiP, Google Play Store etc. features are a plus, but they can be fixed in time, they are not urgent things. Your biggest subject should be the subtitles. What the hell is that selecting the subtitle options on every restart of device?

How can we find succesful this R&D team which cannot deal with this ridiculous problem?

We are not being lazy and giving you the feedback, please pay attention these feedbacks and fix the problems by their order of priority.

In brief, we did not buy this device for its other features, for KODI. We bought it for its own media player which we found good. You must fix the subtitle problems quickly and let this media player be the best.

Papirus

5. DougS

DougS New Member

When I tried to update, I only get "unknown error"

What should I do to fix this issue?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

7. DougS

DougS New Member

8. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

I have emailed a sample HDMI-IN recording which gives an idea of the jerky results I've been getting since purchasing one of your devices.

This is with the latest firmware & it's the same regardless of the recording format resolution selected, whether it's to high speed SD card, or USB3 stick & various resolutions selected on my source device.

Is it likely to be because as a UK user, my source video will be transmitting at 5ohz?

I've seen a few discussions about Zidoo looking to automatically support a variety of frame rates in future. Is this the solution I'm waiting for?
    If so, how long do you expect it to be before it's available On the X9?

9. Scott

Scott Member

Not sure what this would do but if you import the video to a video conversion program and convert it to a different setting would that help from 27fps to something higher ? Not sure what the default record setting is but try setting to that you require and see if that fixes it .

10. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

I'm not aware of a fps setting on the HDMI-IN record options. If such an option is hidden in there somewhere, then please let me know & I'll give it a shot.
    I have not tried a conversion program, my gut tells me that if the recording has captured the video incorrectly, any further straight conversion would only be likely to make things worse.

11. papiguy

papiguy Member

Everybody has his own priorities and needs and would like to have them taken into consideration first.
    If you want a good media player with nice subtitle function, buy a Popcorn A410 (about 300 USD), probably among the top 3 on the market. But about one year has been needed for debugging, and buyers were a little bit complaining to be beta testers.
    If you are looking for a good HDMI In recorder, buy an Avermedia Game capture (or any other device used by gamers - about 120 USD). The frame rate is twice the Zidoo, and it is possible to modify the records very easily. But the size of the records for a film is between 7 to 13 Go.
    I have installed and used them for one year and bought the X9 which was supposed to combine all functions. A little disappointed at the beginning, I am now using the X9 quite all the day long.
    Adapting the firmware of a smartphone is not so simple as someone says, and permanent claiming will not solve our "problems".

12. DougS

DougS New Member

I have the same jerky/jittery playback of HDMI-IN recordings. I'm a USA user, not sure what my source video hz is. I'm also waiting for the solution.

13. papiguy

papiguy Member

At the beginning of my "testing" of zidoo x9, I got bad recordings with the same jerking issue. I changed the resolution to 1080p 60 * and the jerking disappeared.
    Try to select another resolution than the default one in "settings".

* settings > system > display > resolution
    Nb 1: I record on a micro sd card in the slot of a usb3 adapter. Trying other recording destinations gave lower quality results.
    Nb 2: Recording settings (for tv as well as for dvd player inputs): HD - TS. I have recorded more than 30 films with such settings and can play back them with zidoo (kodi or internal player), a popcorn A410 or a blu-ray player.
    Nb 3: Try to have the simplest installation with short and good quality hdmi cables ( I tried to install a hdmi switch in addition to a patched hdmi splitter in order to record from 2 sources, and the jerking came back)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015