Talk about your ideas about X1 And ZIDOO

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by HoneCharles, Jun 5, 2015.

1. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will you buy it?
    Would you like to recommend X1 to your friend?
    What do you want to say to zidoo?
    Say what you want to speak here.

2. csgabe

csgabe New Member

I've ordered one. I would like for Zidoo to port Linux to X1(orange pi2 which has the same Allwinner H3 chipset already has linux support so it should be easy to port).

3. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

It is most definitely an interesting box and it will be interesting to see if all the marketing hype will be matched by the actual out of box experience when it comes to playing media, which so many android boxes fail to do.

The unique implementation of Kodi (although I see that kodi are objecting to this because it currently violates the GPL) looks interesting, although I see that it will be shipped with 14.2 and with 15 Isengard at Beta 2 and therefore just about ready to replace 14.2, I wonder how along far Zidoo are with their 15.0 implementation.

Whilst i appreciate that the overall specs have to be kept to a minimum for the cost to be kept low, the inclusion of an SPDIF or Optical Coaxial port would make it more attractive because many people may not have HDMI receivers and choose to use cheaper soundbars and the like for surround sound audio.

In advance of the release, which I see Geekbuying already selling, I would like to see a range of Youtube videos from Zidoo to show off the capabilities of the box in action.

Where a vendor can provide comprehensive demonstrations that back up it's claims, then sales will rise on the back of them and benefits Zidoo in terms of increased sales and prospective purchasers in terms of having confidence in their out of the box experience, without having to rely on Dev Mods on sites such as Freaktab to give the expected functionality.

mars2015 likes this.
  4. mars2015

mars2015 New Member

Hi!

Which type, (model AA, AAA, CRxxxx, ...), of battery it is used in the remote control for ZIDOO X1?

Thank You,

mars

5. spring

spring Guest

AAA
    ths!

6. spring

spring Guest

We will porting it In the near future.
    ths!

7. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Will the X1 come rooted out of the box?

8. spring

spring Guest

yes

9. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Thanks for that confirmation spring and this is good to see.

I was just watching the Zidoo channel over at Youtube, where you were demonstrating the UI and I noted that Aptoide was being used as the app store.

So does this mean that the Google Play store will not be available out of the box?

If so, will there be an ability to sideload gapps to the device?

BTW the UI does look quite nice in general.

10. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

OTG support.

I note from the X1 images that you replaced the SPDIF port that seemed to be on the original design with a secondary USB port.

But unlike most boxes, there is no micro usb OTG port, so my question is as to whether one of the ports will operate as OTG?

11. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Colour options.

From what I have seen, there seems to be two colour options, grey and yellow (prefer the neutral grey myself) and wondered if there were plans to add more colour options?

12. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Heat dissipation.

One of the common issues that i read, especially with the Wintel based boxes is one of overheating.

What kind of internal thermal cooling does the X1 have and just for curiosity sake, is there any chance of seeing some pictures on the inside of the box?

13. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

32Gb SD card support.

Many devices have this listed as the maximum size supported but I wondered if, during development and testing whether Zidoo had tested larger 64Gb cards.

In addition to that, how well do large USB flash drives in the region of 128Gb work (NTFS support too?)

And finally on the subject of external storage, can the X1 provide enough power for a portable USB hard drive up to say 2Gb in size?

14. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

H.265

I see that VP8 is listed as being supported but wondered about VP9?

15. spring

spring Guest

Google paly is still well,We just offer second choices for Aptoide.
    For the color,will only offer the grey,but in next futrue we will add more color option.

16. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Evaluation testing.

Now that we have 54 or so receiving the X1 for evaluation and feedback, I would like to suggest breaking feedback into threads that focus on specific areas. This will make things look more organised and not result in a mishmash of posts that may make it hard to read.

An example of what i mean is here, over at Freaktab, where for the Beelink R89, there were a number of threads created for this purpose.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3288-devices/beelink-3288-devices

So we had:

R89-Android OS / Launcher / UI.... issues - feedback here
    R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here
    R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here
    R89-Accessories support(Camera/Remote/3G dongle/USB devices/SD card...)
    R89-Hardware/Thermal/case issue feedback here

Hopefully you will get the idea and it will make it easy for users to report issues and to seek solutions to specific things by only having to look at one thread related to it.
    It also helps Zidoo support and developers to see what areas require more support and development.

17. spring

spring Guest

20150626_103305.jpg 20150626_103400.jpg

Attached Files:

Bluesmanuk likes this.
  18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thank you very much for your suggestion, we'll adopt.

Bluesmanuk likes this.
  19. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Thanks for the pictures sprint.

Most useful and very impressive responses to questions, which is always a good sign :)

20. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Thanks Mirror.

I'm glad that you like the idea concept.