Switch on X8 with Airmouse Rii mini i7

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Pascal K, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

My X8 is not in direct field of view to use the supplied remote control. Now I have ordered an Airmouse Rii mini i7 which actually works great. Also the Airmouse is quite nice to navigate. The problem is that I can switch off the box, but can not turn it on again with the airmouse. Is there a setting option to allow this?

I also tried a CSL Mini 2.4 where tit is possible to program the power button and because the programmed buttons operates via infrared the box can switched on. However its useless because the range of the 2.4 connection of this remote is really bad. The i7 works there much better. Also all the buttons on the Rii i7 work perfectly, just the power on is not working. When I switch off the X8 with the original remote control there also is a switch-off menu where I can choose from Power Off, Standby or Reboot. When I press the switch off button on the i7 airmouse it turns off directly.

Now my question: Is there a setting so that I can turn on my Zidoo X8 with the airmouse, or is this general a problem of such remotes with USB dongle, unless you use one which have programable infrared keys?

Or can you recommend an airmouse / bluetooth remote control?

As I said, the Rii i7 would be great because the handling and processing is top, but without the power on button I still need the original remote and that is not a good solution.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

this problem is know also with other devices. power ON is IR only.
    other option is to use TV CEC. have the box turn on when you turn on the TV.
    last option is to not shut down the box . Mine runs 24/7

3. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

Is this also the case when the x8 is in restmode or should it then be possible to awake the box with the airmouse?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

as far as i can tell. the network/usb/hdmi is off in restmode. but even with it on ( like on x6 pro ) there is still no implementation for this function from zidoo. so probably not.

5. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

OK, I ordered now a Mele F10 deluxe for testing, with this remote it should work because it has a programmable power button... hopefully the range is good ;)

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can also try a IR repeater. if the box is in a place where the IR can't get to.

7. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

Yes but I would also like to have an airmouse, helps a lot with navigating. Like I said the Rii i7 is perfect if it would have a programmable A.I. power button. The airmouse on the i7 works very smooth an precise when you are used to an airmouse... Lets see if the Mele f10 deluxe is good...