Proposal Switch between 1080p and 4k resolution

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by DolbyVision, Jul 12, 2017.

1. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

I'd like to request Zidoo a manual switch between 1080p and 4k resolutions with help of a programmable buttons on the remote or bring this fix to auto HDMI setting.
    Because now on 1.4.6 firmware AUTO HDMI setting sets my 4K HDR Oled TV to 1080p resolution and when playing 4k content it stays the same 1080p instead of going into 4k. But If I set HDMI setting to 2160p then 1080p content would look not very good in 4k resolution compared to my TV's upscaling.
    I've seen on this forum that many people reported that their 4k TVs do 4к upscaling much better than what Zidoo does.
    That's why I'd like to request a button switch or any fix you can think of.

Pelayo likes this.
  2. Pelayo

Pelayo Member Beta test group

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

+1 (at least auto HDMI switch working right)

Pelayo likes this.
  4. ragico

ragico Member

+2

Pelayo likes this.
  5. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

6. gamin

gamin New Member

+4 (only problem remaining for me with the X9S)

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

This is supported in Android, but there seems to be a laziness with the soc developers to write the code for it, Zidoo isn't the Android based box out there that doesn't support this, there are loads including the Nvidia Shield, don't expect this anytime soon if at all.

8. francishe

francishe Member

Hi, How does the auto switch work right for you? Mine doesn't. It is never clever enough to auto switch from 1080 to 2160 even after a 2160 video is playing.

9. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

I will add "HDMI mode" key in the "Shortcut Key" APP.
    Cycle the following resolutions:

TV_SYS_1080P_60HZ,
    TV_SYS_1080P_50HZ,
    TV_SYS_1080P_24HZ,
    TV_SYS_720P_60HZ,
    TV_SYS_720P_50HZ,
    TV_SYS_2160P_24HZ,
    TV_SYS_2160P_25HZ,
    TV_SYS_2160P_30HZ,

Is this okay?

thanks

upload_2017-8-22_10-25-44.png

sleepi likes this.
  10. ragico

ragico Member

Thank you, it seems an excellent idea. May be you can also add: TV_SYS_2160P_60HZ

11. bob

Ok
    thanks

12. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

Does this mean that I have to press the key 8 or 9 times in order to reach 2160_60HZ? That doesn't seem very convenient.
    Can you just add ?
    AutoHDMI
    2160p_60HZ
    Because for me Zidoo always automatically switches to appropriate HZ of the video within set resolution (Zidoo automatically goes from 60HZ to 23.97 HZ).

13. ragico

ragico Member

14. yangzj81999

yangzj81999 New Member

Agree with @DolbyVision about the point that there is no need to cycle through framerates, automatic framerates works like a charm already, the only problem is setting the output resolution according to the video playing.

Since it's able to get the correct framerate and change it automatically, it can also get the resolution, is there a chance automatic resolution will be added in future firmware?

I've read that some TVs have wrong EDID causing black screen if setting to 4k xxHz, if that's what you're worrying about, maybe you guys can make it prompt a warning and let the user choose the first time it tries to change into 4k, include a "don't ask me later" option, something like that. Just a thought.

DolbyVision likes this.
  15. bob

I think you're right, and we'll try to add this feature to the next version.
    thanks

DolbyVision likes this.
  16. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

Hello Zidoo! Thanks for the 1.4.16 update. That's very nice that you listen to your customers. But I thought we agreed upon just 1 switch 1080p 60HZ/ 2160 60HZ, since Zidoo is able to get the correct framerate and change it automatically.
    I tested the cycling HDMI button switch and it's not very convenient to use. Going from 1080p 60HZ to 2160 60HZ you have to press the button 8 times. And while cycling I missed 2160 60HZ two times, and you have to press the button very fast otherwise the TV will start going into the framerate and that takes some time. So for me it's too much hassle and it will be quicker going to the menu and change resolution there.
    So I have to ask you again.
    Can you also add an HDMI Switch with just 1 cycle 1080p 60HZ/ 2160 60HZ?

17. ragico

ragico Member

+1

18. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

Automatic switch is the best way, but if it can't , so it should be press for 1 time to switch to the best current resolution.

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

@bob .pressing to switch 5-6 times seems a little to much, won't it be better to press once, bring up a menu, and use the 1 - 9 keys for your resolution ? ( that's 2 presses and can have up to 10 resolutions if needed )

20. Alex Zhou

Alex Zhou New Member

+2