Support for USB DACs class 2 and google services

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Grzegorz Bakuła, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Grzegorz Bakuła

Grzegorz Bakuła New Member

Does the built-in android driver support external USB DACs Class 2? Now I have H6 Pro and it doesn't. The Z9S specification boasts HiRes sound support so I hope it will work. I am interested in USB DACs class 2 support in KODI and Youtube.

Is this Z9S finally dealing with google services? In h6 pro Chinese totally failed with google.

2. Grzegorz Bakuła

Does anyone know if USB DACs class 2 work, for example those from iFi?
    I want to replace the H6pro in which it doesn't work.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The Zidoo models (at least Z9S) do support HiRes audio including DSD via an external USB DAC integrating a XMOS processor (=Class 2).
    The same setup is used by UHD2000 deploying an Internal USB interface.
    https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3868.0
    The interface remains clumsy so I expect the UHD2000 to work a lot smoother regarding practical deployment but the sound should be very close not to call it identical.

Looking at the total combined price I would now probably go for the UHD2000 instead. This unless one plans to use the USB and/or SPDIF interfaces for connections with other audio sources.

I doubt it will work with KODI or Youtube as the APP's need to include the USB Interface via appropriate drivers explicitly. Just with by me specified Music Players (not tested JRiver) it will work for sure. Which External USB DAC models work flawless may actually vary per APP.

Google services work just fine installing the provided APP manually. It is not pre-installed and must be repeated after any FW update installed

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  4. Grzegorz Bakuła

Thank You.
    Now I listen to the music via USB Audio Player Pro, which has its own USB->DAC driver. I listen to the sound of movies via SPDIF. The problem is that I have to switch constantly because the android driver in the H6 Pro doesn't want to support sound USB->DAC class 2.

You wrote:
    "The Zidoo models (at least Z9S) do support HiRes audio including DSD via an external USB DAC integrating a XMOS processor (=Class 2)."
    I want the built-in android driver to support any sound in DAC class 2 via USB. I don't want to constantly switch between USB and SPDIF.
    :)

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will be the same for Z9S (or any other model). You could try the USB Output setting in Audio setup for generic Audio via USB. Never tried myself as I prefer MCH Audio in DD and DTS via HDMI.

6. Grzegorz Bakuła

If it works, I'll buy it!
    It doesn't work in the zidoo H6pro and the people in the zidoo don't want to fix it. This is the main reason for changing the device.
    ...or maybe there is some universal audio driver for android that supports USB DACs class 2?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019