Suggestion to split Music Player features into basic MP and Juke Box App

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is a suggestion for Zidoo: "Split the current MP into a Basic MP and full featured Juke Box"

The concept to be the same as with Video Player and Home Theater split functionality.
    Some purist prefer core functionality and to organize their media at their own liking. I am personally one of them and use HT4 only moderately. With MP6 every thing is integrated into in a single APP.

So Basic MP would be accessing music just via Media Center to select a track or album organized individually personal style. Next it should play using the information and album art embedded in the track and/or album folder. On-demand lookup of track metadata and album art is a valid feature and so is Lyrics. The total should be rock stable.
    I don't personally need/want additional visual stuff as I listen to music mostly with my eyes closed and the TV off. I use the Zidoo APP on my phone just to select an album/playlist and then even that one is being shutdown. There are many customers like me.

Juke Box (or any other name) will add things the current MP style with scraping, album artist, songs overview, performer statistics and artwork with galleries and other fancy/smart stuff added to view and select songs/albums JB style.
    Like with HT4 this will get more complicated over time with many features growing gradually. Occasionally these may cause new/old problems too.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    muha, fsim2000, MsieurSeb and 3 others like this.
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Good post

+1

3. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Sounds good to me :)!

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've just been referred to this thread after querying the enormous length of time it takes to "Scan" in MP 6, particularly for large music collections.

I too think this a good idea