Suggestion for channel mixing

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mhblzidoo, May 7, 2020.

1. mhblzidoo

mhblzidoo New Member

I have Z9s and X9s linked with USB DAC and then stereo speakers. The sound output is set to stereo in the setting menu.

When playing DTS or Dolby 5.1/7.1 files in the default player, the vocal volume is quite small in the mixed output.

Kodi is better, because it has the normalization function and the gain setting of the center channel. Although the dynamic range is smaller, the vocal is quite pleasant with the HIFI DAC.

However, Zidoo’s poster wall is much better than Kodi now, and the default player is still my 1st choice.

Can Zidoo add in the two functions, normalization and the gain setting of the center channel, to the default player?

Thanks

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

That was on my wish list for the last few years. I think Zidoo player takes the center channel and splits it 50 / 50 between left and right. Two side speakers at 50% volume is probably something like 70% of original volume from the center speaker. To get gain added to controls in Zidoo player is hopeless. Not too bad with headphones but when using stereo speakers sound effects are always overpowering dialogues. I bought 7.2 Sony surround receiver for my TV setup with 5 small satellite speakers and sub. It maps any type of audio into my 5 speakers. Works well and solved Zidoo player conversion to stereo issue.