Stereo Analogue output 3.5mm jack reversed left to right issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by 3DBuff, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo X9S with latest .25 firmware.
    Couple of days ago I was watching movie using headphones connected to analogue 3.5mm jack through headphones multi-channels amp. I noticed that channels are flipped left with right. I run some tests on this case. Channels are correct from HDMI and probably SPDIF (didn't test this port) but they are definitely flipped on analogue 3.5mm jack. I didn't test this on previous firmware but it didn't strike me as wrong before.

Is there any way to correct (reverse) left and right channels on analogue output port? This is before I cut one of my cables and splice it across ;)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There is no real standard on the combined video and audio jack. Many use a proprietary order. Getting a correct cable is the only remedy.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What is the correct cable? I have few AV 3.5mm from my old electronics from the past. 3.5mm 4 pole jack was mainly used on audio / video out on video cameras. I'll try it.

However I would expect that if I plug in stereo headphones directly into this jack I should get correct left and right orientation as marked on the headphones. Most of the headphones can't be flipped around to put right side on left year. I don't think it is too much to ask.

Are the wires hardware crossed on the CPU board? Can this be corrected by firmware in the future?

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I tested SPDIF (optical) port today. It is also reversed.
    Maybe there is software pach to correct this issue.

My TV setup is limited to stereo output only. It's not too bad to make or cut headphone cable, reverse white and red RCA plugs on stereo sound but it would be difficult to switch 5.1 surround coming from SPDIF. Maybe someone can confirm if optical port SPDIF is reversed left to right both channels front and back. My PCM 2.0 over SPDIF is reversed just like the 3.5mm audio out port. The only way to reverse 5.1 surround would be to flip speaker wires but this would ruin it for the rest of the sources ;)

The easiest way to test this is by downloading one of the audio demo files from Kodi Wiki side. The ones that call out all 7.1 channels are best for this. Playing the file you should hear corresponding channels coming from the speaker arrangement you have without anything missing.