SSD hard drive in Z1000 Pro causing major slowdown/lag in OS

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Zigourney, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I put a samsung 850 evo 500gb SSD in a 2.5inch to 3.5inch HDD adapter and installed it into my Z1000 pro. There is no content on the SSD yet.

I noticed now there is quite a bit of lag/slowdown when I am scrolling from through the Zidoo menu system, from one icon to another, and scrolling through my files that are not even on the ssd but are on my NAS. Sometimes when I press the to move to the next item on the menu system it freezes for about 2-3 seconds before it moves on to the next icon.

As soon as I take the hard drive out of the Z1000 Pro everything returns to normal, everything scrolls very fast, no loags no problem. If I re-insert it happens straight away.

Issue is repeateable everytime with the hard drive inside the unit. This is the adapter I am using.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QVX8TWJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any ideas?

2. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I just tried it in my Z10 and there are no issues, so I am putting this down to a firmware issue in the Z1000 pro. Hope the devs can look into this as I am able to recreate the issue everytime I insert the SSD into my Z1000 Pro.

3. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

and you have the opportunity to check another SSD, not always different electronic devices are compatible with each other ??