Splitter with HDMI 2.0 and 1.4 simultaneous.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Sarco, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I recently bought a splitter that can help people with old AVR, I use it for my dreamscreen led system. The only problem for my use is that when playing 4K HDR content video the 1080p output not working, I haven't test sound but user report it work.

The unit have 3 modes, the most interesting one is the ability to input 4K signal and have 4K in one output and 1080p in the other. I am posting a link of the device on Ali.

Splitter 4K and 1080p simultaneous

Good price to!

2. looun

looun Member

i think it's too cheap for true 4k/FHD splitter , true splitter 4k/UHD is HDFURY AVR KEY and it's more expensive.

If audio work with second port can be very helpful! are you should sound work?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  3. Sarco

Yesterday I watch Passengers 4K HDR from my XBox One S and from my Zidoo Mummy 4K HDR via splitter and working flawless I also watch Mechanic 4K no HDR and using my dreamscreen HDMI 1.4 1080p led ambience light. My XBox report 4K all green fonction, like I said the only issue is that when playing HDR the 1080p dreamscreen do not work. I am waiting for my sound bar HDMI 1.4 (today) to check if sound can be output.

4. looun

looun Member

do you have test sound output?

5. Sarco

No I did not test, instead since X20 is still a ghost device and the price is to high, I bought myself a nice 5.1 soundbar for less and completely reconfigure entire setup with ARC from my display. Everything work incredible with my new setup and the splitter work well by making my Dreamscreen ambient led working with all output HD and 4K (except HDR). My dreamscreen is first generation and only 1080p compatible.

6. technique

technique New Member

I buy this spliter to have 4K HDR on TV and HD Sound on my old AVR.
    And it works !
    BUT after I play a 4K movie and switch back to the menu the HDMI Handshake not work and I have to restart the Splitter.
    Sometimes a restart also not work and i have to restart the Splitter, TV and Zidoo X10 :(

7. Sarco

I change the input of splitter and back, take sometime to restart but work. I did order a hdmi dummy adapter 1080p to add in line to see if that adapter will keep the 1080p live so splitter will not go back to 2160p when 1080p source is down. I will do follow up on that.

8. Sarco

But for the price instead of hdfury if you only have to restart it is not so bad, I will report when my dummy hdmi 1080p is received.