Specific questions on how the PIP (Picture in Picture) works

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by gullit, Nov 30, 2015.

1. gullit

gullit New Member

Hello,

I'm interested in this box because of the PIP functionality. Basically what I want to do is if I'm watching a basketball game on TV to be able to watch a football game either through an app or the browser in the PIP window.

1) Can I do this and if yes, can it be either an app or the browser? I want to see if there are restrictions on what can be used in the PIP screen.

2) Can I toggle between the two?

Thank You

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

Of course you can do that provided the last firmware has been installed (v1.0.3.9).
    However, the pip is to be started just after the boot of the zidoo.
    1 - select the hdmi in source
    2 - select the app that will occupy the main screen
    3 - press on "TV" button of the remote to let display the small screen.
    4 - adjust the position and size of the small window and select the sound source

The browser is an app as others, and the main screen does not care which app will be displayed.
    Every device having a hdmi out may be connected (a bluray player for example or, why not, a second zidoo that will display another tv channel).

You cannot toggle but,
    - you can change the hdmi input (for example if the source is a satellite or iptv decoder), the small screen disappears, a press on TV will restore it.

3. gullit

gullit New Member

Thank you for your reply. Since toggle does not work, let's say you wanted to watch what's on the PIP screen on the main screen and put what you were watching on the main screen to the PIP, how would you do that? Would you have to restart the Zidoo in order to do this?

Please bare with me as I may have several questions about the function of the PIP.

Thank You

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

We cannot toggle because the Zidoo can display on the PIP window ONLY the HDMI input. So forget the idea of switching the two screens, by any procedure.

5. gullit

gullit New Member

Papiguy,

So the app or browser will always have to be in the main screen and the TV would always be in the PIP screen correct?

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

Exact gullit, provided the HDMI input is connected to a TV decoder (satellite or tvip).
    If you connect a bluray player to HDMI In you will have
    - on the pip window the app launched on this device, and
    - on the main window the app launched on the Zidoo..

7. gullit

gullit New Member

Papiguy,

One last question, when in PIP mode where does the sound come from? The main screen or the PIP screen?

Thank you for your help

8. papiguy

papiguy Member

When you start pip, a popup window allows you to change the size and position of the pip window. It allows also to select the source of the sound (main screen or pip).

9. JohnM

JohnM New Member

I am unable to hear the audio from the HDMI Video source when I set it as the PIP. I check the HDMI audio option, but I never hear the HDMI audio when it is inside the PIP window. If I set the HDMI as full screen, I can hear the HDMI audio.

10. papiguy

papiguy Member

Don't laugh, I have exactly the same issue, but with the main screen with which I cannot hear the sound. May be due to installation of "Cool UI" ?

11. rafabrasil85

rafabrasil85 New Member

Guys, when I enter PIP mode, sound is lost for both HDMI In small window and the other app opened in full screen, even when I switch audio input nothing happens. What do you suggest? I'm using last Zidoo version according to Update screen.

12. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

Not sure if it helps, but last version on update screen is not real last version... check the one here on forum it might fix your issues

13. rafabrasil85

rafabrasil85 New Member

Mine is running v1.0.4.2 . I think it's the last, is it?