[Solved]USB Dac output issue with Mcintosh MA5300

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by McintoshHIFI, May 25, 2023.

1. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

When I plug in the USB cable with Mcintosh MA5300 and select the USB Dac output option the eversolo DMP A6 (1.1.46) become extremely laggy. Also, there is no audio output whatsoever. I have tried rebooting both systems multiple times and nothing seems to work. Mcintosh amp has the DA1 module.

I have the same setup with the same usb cable working just fine with bluesound node.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi
    We will release v1.1.48 firmware a few days later, and it fix some USB DAC problem. please upgrade this version.

3. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

I just updated to V1.1.60 and that did not resolve the USB issue. It keeps saying no USB device connected. Please investigate.
    Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can make a picture for the USB DEVICE info?
    Source - USB DAC - SETTINGS - info

5. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

Usb Dac remains greyed out and when I select it I get the popup. See attached picture
    Thanks

Attached Files:

6. Inti

Inti Active Member

The problem with Accuphase dac 60 is resolved sorry to hear Mac dac problems isn’t

7. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Which USB port does A6 connect to your dac? Can you send me a picture?
    thanks

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Just to clarify,which USB port you are connected to. The correct one should be USB AUDIO OUT, which is located under USB OTG, not the USB TYPE C port.
    You can use the supplied USB cable。

9. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

Oh my goodness.. IT WORKS NOW.

You made me look in the back and I was indeed connected to the service port. Just to clarify this was not working originally and my usb cable was connected to the right port from before working with the node 2i and also my macbook. I guess during all the tinkering around trying to make it work I ended up plugging into the the service port on my mcintosh.

Thank you so much. Now I have all the functionality working as expected. Looking forward to more enhancements and updates in the future.