Small Questions from a new X9s owner

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by andreamusso.am, May 1, 2019.

1. Hello everyone, sorry for my English, but I'm writing with Google Translate.
    I am a new owner of Zidoo X9s and new of the Forum.

I would kindly have some things to ask because I have no experience with Media Boxes, so far I have used a HTPC.
    I also have the capabilities, hardware and software to calibrate the TV with a colorimetric probe.

I state that, for me, it is the quality of vision is the most important thing ........

Hardware List:
    - Sony KD-65X9305 4K TV UHD native panel 10 Bit
    - Zidoo X9s
    - Qnap NAS model TS-431 with 4 6Tb HDDs in RAID 5
    - NAD T578 V3 amplifier

My questions to you kind users of the forum, for now (the Zidoo arrived on May 29, 2019) are the following:

- How to set the film frequency automatically and above all, if the Film is in 1080p, send it to the TV with the native resolution of the Film: now the X9s sends me everything in 4K (native TV resolution).

- How is viewing quality better than the default Player, or ul "NuPlayer"?

- I can't make a music library with covers, etc.

- From the Film library, the unrecognized ones, I know how to rename them and make the posters appear but, I don't know how to "see" the files (they are practically all mkv) of the unrecognized films, to then be able to rename and add them.

It seems to me that I have already made you lose too much time, I thank you in advance and, waiting, I offer you my most sincere greetings.

2. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

1- Sorry I don't really understand the question. Maybe your QNAP NAS is Transcoding your movies to a lower quality. Turn off transcoding if you want the original quality.
    2- I never used the NuPlayer only the default player.
    3- To Rename a Film hold down the "Enter" or "Ok" button on the remote and you will get the rename option. Also make sure your movies are named correctly.
    4- A good way to tag your music is to use a program called TagandRename. http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Remember when naming your Movies and TV shows follow the naming convention from TMDB. https://www.themoviedb.org/discover/movie

Good Luck

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  3. good morning

I apologize, I only read now, I wanted to thank you for the information you kindly gave me.

Very cordial greetings, Andrew.