Seamless branching on BDs while using audio bitstream output is not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by hamster99, Aug 27, 2017.

1. hamster99

hamster99 New Member

Hi,

When using bitstream audio output BDs with seamless branching are not working correctly with internal player.

Audio and videos are stuttering heavily on the branching points.

You can test it with for example with Rouge One - A Star Wars Story 3D Blu ray.

This does not occur with zdmc in bitstream mode using zdmcs own player (external player disabled)(no audio stuttering at all, only slight video stuttering)

Unfortunatly, zdmc itself doesn't support 3D MVC.

On a a windows PC with LAV Directshow filters there is also no stuttering at all at these points.

Please fix it, as the internal Player is the only one that can play 3D BDs.

There are several other bugs with the internal player like subtitles are in most cases turned on when using the BD menu even when they are clearly disabled in the BD menu.

2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you share One - A Star Wars Story downlod url?
    I will test it.
    thanks

3. hamster99

hamster99 New Member

Hi,

I've started a conversation with you with the download details.

I think the problem is, that the audio (and maybe video too) stream is closed and opened on branching points.

That shouldn't happen. It should be one seamless audio/video stream.

Or maybe the audio frames are overlapping, so you must check the timestamp of the audio frames and drop duplicate frames

4. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

5. wizziwig

wizziwig New Member

Hi, I'm considering purchasing one of these players. Can someone clarify the situation regarding seamless branching Blu-Ray movies stored as bdmv folder or ISO format. Can I use bitstreamed HD audio (DTS-HD) and get perfect branching payback in any of the included players? I'm not familiar with the differences between the Kodi, ZDMC, internal/external players. I just need playback without any audio or video stutter/glitches like my regular BD Disc player. Thanks.

6. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I can confirm also about rouge one, and on another issue the 4k of the full disc the martian (no menu display) but will play movie but because of the branching you get the same issue like with rouge one.

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

The problem exists and with Zidoo player you will have interruptions. Not all disks are branched though, I have found a few. But when you find them, it is annoying. The best way then is to use MakeMKV to remux the disk to MKV.

8. wizziwig

wizziwig New Member

So none of the different player apps, including external Realtek custom player can play branching titles correctly? That's really disappointing. I hear the Egreat can do it only using their full-menu player. Most Disney/Pixar titles are mastered this way and I'm not interested in remuxing them all to mkv and losing any future possibility of working menu support.

9. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Well i have a media player which is 5 years old popcorn hour A210 and plays back branching perfect (iso/folders,full menu)when Zidoo fails i use for a backup, not do 4k obviously.