Scraper Needs Work or Doesn't work

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Phil Green, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

For a start I don't like how TMDB doesn't do Director's Cuts or Extended Editions (Close Encounters of the Third Kind)
    Also DVDs often show as Blu-ray with the little corner tag on the posters, and don't play automatically in the correct ratio and needs to be changed manually.
    So when I added my 1000+ films for the first time I found a lot, and I mean a lot didn't scrape correctly or at all, after weeks of work I found some films had been scraped with the wrong film or just wouldn't scrape at all.
    So the other day I decided to have a look into it, I used "Filebot" loaded up my first set of films, all A, then B, C, etc and told "filebot" to find the films on TMDB, It did find some errors on my part where I spelt something wrong or missed a punctuation mark here or there, some I put a wrong year or some with the US title and not the UK title (another issue with TMDB) having found the errors and had "filebot" rename the files all was looking good.
    Then I got my Zidoo Z9S to scrape the 1000+ films again and guess what the same errors, films correctly named my TMDB not found by TMDB or the wrong film found.
    Zidoo Please sort this.

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Did you try to set up English US in H.T. app and for the names of your movies with filebot?

I live in the french part of Canada but I know that my results will be much better if I use French/France for Home Theater and for the names of my movies with filebot (+ year) vs French Canada. If some the movies' names use ":", filebot will skip it but you should replace it with "-" and a space before and after it. I don't why but my results are more accurate with a - to replace :.

For 400 movies, 3 mismatched and 13 umatched at the end of the scrap of my Z10.

PS: for the DVD ratio, They solved the pb on their last Zidoo series (Z9X, Z10 pro...). I got a Z10 pro a couple of days ago and it finally works for the 3 movies that I still have in DVD resolution.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  3. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

Set to UK
    But the difference with UK US titles is an easy fix as there are only a few anyway.
    but like the below
    2001 - A Space Odyssey (1968) [Blu-ray] is found as NASA: A Space Odyssey Vol. 1
    2010 (1984) [Blu-ray] not found
    RED (2010) [Blu-ray] not found
    RED 2 (2013) [Blu-ray] found correctly
    just odd when kodi finds them fine

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In my 13 movies unmatched, red is one of them and 300 also. It looks like titles with numbers only and short titles of 3 letters are not matched (fog or 1917 are other examples). With a manual re-match, it finds them at first shot.

For 2001, I think that the scan is confused with all the dates in the title. The nasa documentary date release is 2001... I think that some parameters are missing in the way that the zidoo scrap works, to be more efficient.

5. I have scanned my movies and there are 287 movies that are unmatched.

Looking closely at the movie file names, I notice that on TMDB/IMDB the movies have the colon : in the film names.

Can Zidoo fix this so that the scrapper ignores the colons and other punctuation on TMDB/IMDB?

6. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

Yes I've started to see this pattern.

7. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

Just a note, Kodi finds everything fine.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Replace the colon by a dash, with a space before and after. That’s what I did for a lot of my movies and that works.

9. I updated to the latest version of home theatre 0.39 and it went from 287 to 61 unmatched. I just manually matched the 61.

10. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

did all that.
    films with , don't hash, films with three letters don't hash, eg: RED (2010) doesn't hash with Zidoo home theatre but is found in Kodi on Zidoo

11. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Did anyone figure out how to get the Zidoo to properly match 2001: A Space Odyssey? I tried using the name 2001 - A Space Odyssey (1968) but it still thinks it’s the NASA documentary. I know it can be manually changed but it would be nice if there was a format that automatically matched correctly.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Zidoo scraper has always had problems movie names that are numbers and particularly years.

Movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey, 1917, 2012, sometimes, but bizarrely not always, seem to have issues.

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I named my 2001 as 2001 A Space Odyssey (1968) 2160p.mkv and is correctly found. Folder content shown in attached file

foldercontent.JPG

14. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

That’s interesting. I tried those exact filenames, without the 2160p, and it did not match properly. Are you using intelligent or TMDB for your scanning?

15. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

It’s been a long time since I last looked and indeed I too have NASA A Space Odessa in the description. Something has changed since I originally loaded this in and must admit I only took a quick cursory look and the images were correct along with the correct technical detail.

10 minutes later I have found the problem….
    Delete the nfo file as it has wrong info.
    Rematch but make sure Match rule (bottom right) is on ALL
    VOILA! Screenshot_20221215-075318.png Screenshot_20221215-075603.png Screenshot_20221215-080626.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022