SAMBA server on Zidoo 1000 pro very slow

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kritjuu, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

No difference. All around 94 Mbits/sec

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'm out of ideas now. May be your Zidoo has a defect.

3. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

Bluetooth is enabled because of remote. Can not disable it

4. McBluna

The last thing I'd trying is to flash the recovery image and repeat the test and if it's still only 100Mbit return the device.

5. McBluna

Stupid me o_O

6. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

Yes maybe there is a defect of the network card.

7. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

@McBluna
    Thanks you for your time. I will try to flash the original image but not much hope. Is there an instruction how to do this? And where to download the firmware. There is nothing on te Zidoo site for the Z1000 pro

8. McBluna

Check my site -> Zidoo Recovery Images – McBluna.net

9. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Perhaps you could first do a factory reset. (very simpel to perform)

But first remove the lan cable from the Z1000pro just in case you never know, switch off you router and pc completely.

Than restart, first your PC than your router, switch on the Z1000pro (after factory reset) and than plug in your lan cable from the Router into the Z1000pro.

If still no changes than you could finally consider to do a Recovery Image, if you are confident to
    perform this procedure.

Or if you own a 100/1000 switch or borrow one, you could do the following test.

From modem to switch port 1, one cable to pc port 2 and one cable port 3 to z1000pro.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  10. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

Thank you again for your help. I doubt if the Zidoo is defect. If I do a iperf test from my phone (client) to my pc (server) I still get no higher score then 95 Mbits.
    Maybe check the Zidoo at a friends network first.

11. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Very good idee, I did not do anything fancy in my set up.

Just straight forward Ziggo Modem cable to TP Link Swith, 1 cable to PC one cable to the living room were my
    Z1000pro is situated.

You still could consider to do a factory reset first just to see if this helps.

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

if so I connect in my network, packets from zidoo to the computer will not pass through the router ?? I suspect that my ISP router is slowing down the file transfer between my computer and zidoo

13. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

@Polypenko
    Thank you but I tried this already with another switch.

14. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Than I regretfully have no further idea's what the reason could be.:(

15. McBluna

This check will fail if your mobile's wlan speed is not >100Mbit.
    Just another idea. Directly connect your PC and Zidoo to the switch and nothing else. Assign fixed IPs on both devices and run the iperf3 test.

16. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Thanks for that info. I tried iPerf3 on Windows 10 desktop and Zidoo Z1000 Pro (all of my network boxes have fixed IP addresses and most are wired, only mobile phone and tablet are wireless) and got:
    940 Mbits/sec - sender
    940 Mbits/sec - receiver

Happy :)!

McBluna likes this.
  17. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

Nu
    Is this correct? According to the manual of the switch on the switch side it is just the opposite.

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It is correct.

There is no hard and fast convention for port colours but most switches will show either two green LEDs for 1000M and one green for 100M, or one green for 1000M and one orange for 100M.

The Zidoo port is the opposite of the latter - green for 100M and orange for 1000M.

19. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

Problem is solved. I checked my network and it turned out to be a bad cable and even a crosscable somewhere in the network. Thanks for all the help.

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

How frustrating - I felt your pain and euphoria at sorting! Best investment I've made is a cable tester - they're so cheap, hope it was one of these that led you to issue