Resolution Switching Question

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jeffy210, Jan 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Jeffy210

Jeffy210 New Member

Hi all, another issue that I'm having trouble finding an answer on. I have the resolution set to Auto and also I have it set to change framerate and resolution to match the source, however this isn't working in all cases (especially with 480p/720p content). I noticed that for 1080P and 4K it has no problem switching and matching, however anything below that defaults to the players output.

So, am I missing something with it, or does it just ignore anything less than 1080P as a supported resolution to jump to?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Depends on whether or not the mode you're expecting is a legal HDMI mode or not - surprisingly 480p is not a legal HDMI mode (only 480i60) and 720p is restricted to 50/60Hz.

So in those cases the box will correctly chose the best legal mode available based on your settings.

3. Jeffy210

Jeffy210 New Member

That's a very valid point there. Is there a way of outputting "illegal" HDMI modes? I have a higher end Denon receiver that is fairly flexible at scaling anything you throw at it and I'd prefer to let it or the TV do the upscaling where possible.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry no, not that I'm aware of.