Request for Digital Signage Mode "Target Folder Refresh"

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Sep 24, 2022.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Can zidoo devs please make the folders autorefresh to pick up new files instead of now having to delete target folder and re-add the folder to see the new files. The function should be similar to when poster updates upon file change/rename state.

This is not practical way of refreshing media files within the digital signage folders.

Current Application:

I am running a python script on my NAS that downloads trailers for coming soon movies as they are released online from various sources such as apple trailers, youtube, hdtrailers.net

The digital signage folder is set to play on start up as it is a function already present. Its nice to see newest trailers first and would be nice to not play ones that have been placed in watched status as they do from "media center" in the OS.

Also , a small bug, when Zidoo Home is toggled from another launcher ( Zidoo Cancer) the digital signage mode kicks in. This is probably not by intention and more of a bug. The play on startup is nice. Not so welcomed when coming back from an alternate launcher.

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I'm joining this thread because I think this option has potential and could be a plus for Zidoo users.

I left a private message about this to the Zidoo team some time ago but no answer from them, of course I know they are very busy.

They were recently in Russia, Canada and this weekend at the Shanghai International Top Audio-visual Show to present their products, we can say that they work hard at Zidoo.

And we know that this option is basically for commercial use and that Zidoo doesn't pay much attention to it.

--------------

In addition to the request of nc88keyz,

To add a widget or a shortcut allowing us to manage the Digital Signage Mode playlists and to be able to launch the playback from the Media Center and/or Posterwall without having to go into the Zidoo box settings which is not user friendly at all (normal it is intended for commercial use)

--------------

For Zidoo users who don't know this feature I invite you to watch the following video here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-video-tutorial.93354/page-2#post-180725

[​IMG]

----------------​

Is it technically feasible? I don't know.

But if someone from the Zidoo team would be kind enough to answer us, it would be very nice of them, even if it's to tell us that they have more important things to do.​

See you soon​

3. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

It would definitely be appreciated for Zidoo devs to expand upon this. It is hard to believe that the random jukebox function got added before digital signage mode improvements. If we could have fun and productive improvements that is obviously ok.

When Digital signage mode was introduced in a firmware a while back, i thought this is great, What are they going to do with it.... and then no updates or features added.

OlivierQC likes this.
  4. sfyalek

sfyalek New Member

We are a small hospital looking into a digital signage solution. Ideally, something we can put the content on from a central location, but we need anywhere from 3 to 20 locations...Could use a solution where you have to update the content on a USB drive as well but a central location would be easier obviously. I've looked into a few companies and gotten a few quotes but I know there are a lot out there I've never heard of, wondering what you guys are using....

5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

At one time Zidoo had an entire department and section on their website to accommodate small business and api access for clients such as airports bars interactive solutions. Ever wonder what there is really an hdmi input on a zidoo box. It was to over lay video and live update billboards. eta hotel info etc. Not sure if that business is working for them in the USA but they have plenty of clients in China likely. digital signage mode currently allows you to have background music with slide shows from network sources and transitions all over easy set-top solutions or network server. additionally it can play media files and maybe m3u Playlist files if I recall. from a directory located on network or USB source. If that fits what you want it could be viable. There are options for multiple Playlist and the zidoo box will play those files on automatically when booting into the customized Android os. Other than that it can't do much more for you. On the retail boxes there is no api access or web updating of real data. Only media files and photos you place in the folders. There is an option to select which folder you want defaulted for power up playback.

6. Lexiconman

Lexiconman New Member

I just got a Z9X Pro and am searching for a way to have trailers and audio/video bumpers run before a feature presentation on movie night. Is digital signage the only option we've got? If so, how effective is it?