Remote Issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Carpenter1, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Carpenter1

Carpenter1 New Member

I just received my new Zidoo X6 and when I turned it on I noticed the remote is sluggish and need to press buttons multiple times in order to register
    I had the old firmware in it so I thought the new one might improve the response on the remote
    Needless to say it's still the same issue I had with previous firmware.
    I tried replacing batteries and also did a reboot on the system and also factory restore with no change.

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Observe the x6 pro on the front panel of the led lights, blue light flashing the case, it means that received a remote control.

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Is well known that (unluckily) IR Receiver in X6 Pro is not well positioned in the box as regard to the front window (and in my case also not so sensible), I improved this by slightly tilting down the device itself.

4. Carpenter1

Carpenter1 New Member

Thanks for the replies and since I posted this thread I was trying to watch a TV show on Kodi
    and the receiver kept freezing up, I couldn't use the remote or anything to get it to work
    I had to do a hard reboot by unplugging it.
    I'm sorry to say but this is not worth the money I spent on it and have 3 other G-Boxes
    that I never had issues with so I'm retuning this one and purchasing what I know works
    best.

5. nice159

nice159 Active Member

Why didn't you read the threads here before you buy X6?
    Never buy any Zidoo product, they are all the same. Not a single Zidoo device that works as it should.

6. Carpenter1

Carpenter1 New Member

Never knew there was a Forum for this particular receiver, I jumped before I looked I guess

7. Agnul

Agnul Member

Excuse me, but have you wondered if maybe you're not to be able to make it work perfectly? I have never had any of those problems you have described and are not good at this, perhaps certainly less of you.

8. Carpenter1

Carpenter1 New Member

Been doing this for long time and the reason I started into android boxes is because of our loss to FTA
    Been tester since the BUD days (late 70's early 80's) and have tested many android receivers in my time
    I have various different android boxes and for the price I have found that the IR is insufficient at 10 feet away
    you need to be very close to receiver in order for it to perform better as Paco said " IR Receiver in X6 Pro is not well positioned in the box as regard to the front window "
    I'm happy that yours is working properly but as for me the cost of this box is the same as the G-Box which blows this one away

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I remember that Zidoo, at least during some lot ditribution, has changed the front window glass, from a both sides flat one (as mine) to another that seem to have a kind of "fresnel lens" on the internal side.
    This was documented by photos in a rather old post by another user.
    Maybe that the fresnel version is better, but I can't confirm.