[Release] Kodi 15.2 source code for Zidoo X6

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Dylan, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Dylan

Dylan Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Janaboy likes this.
  2. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Hi

The Kodi 15.2 code is missing the Kodi ffmpeg patch.
    There was one present in Kodi 15.1 code but it doesn't work on the Kodi 15.2 code as it uses a new ffmpeg.

Compile error.
    "RKCodec.cpp:181:53: error: 'AV_CODEC_ID_H264MVC' was not declared in this scope
    m_info.mvc3d = m_bMVC3D = (hints.codec_tag == AV_CODEC_ID_H264MVC ? true : false);

3. Dylan

Dylan Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi cobra78:

The ffmpeg patch is same as branch zidoo-kodi-15.1, but you need to apply the patch by manual, not by "git apply" or "git am" .

I will commit the patch to 15.2 later.

Thanks

4. cobra78

cobra78 Member

OK, I applied the ffmpeg patch manually.
    Now I get this error again
    Double checked the ffmpeg files and the patches are applied.

AR libavdevice/libavdevice.a
    AR libavfilter/libavfilter.a
    AR libavformat/libavformat.a
    CC libavcodec/h264.o
    libavcodec/h264.c: In function 'decode_nal_units':
    libavcodec/h264.c:1640:71: error: 'hx' undeclared (first use in this function)
    av_log(avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "NAL type: %d for MVC\n", hx->nal_unit_type);
    ^
    libavcodec/h264.c:1640:71: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    make[3]: *** [libavcodec/h264.o] Error 1

If I use ffmpeg patch with ffmpeg 2.6.4 Isengard which the patch was made for, Kodi compiles correctly but not with ffmpeg-2.8.0-Jarvis-alpha3-HEVC.

Another error after removing part in bold
    libavcodec/h264.c:1640:71: error: 'hx' undeclared (first use in this function)
    av_log(avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "NAL type: %d for MVC\n", hx->nal_unit_type);

checking for SQUISH... no
    configure: error: "squish not found"
    make: *** [../../../..//libkodi.so] Error 1

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  5. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    remove this log,and can build ok.

6. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Hi

There is a serious bug with RockchipCodec in Kodi.
    You can only use default Confluence skin.
    With any other skin, if video playback finishes, you just get a black screen and it doesn't return to Kodi menus.
    Switching back to Confluence skin and using RockchipCodec it goes back to the Kodi menus after video playback.
    I also tested different skins and disabled RockchipCodec and enabled Mediacodec codec and with that when video playback finishes it correctly exits and returns back to the Kodi menus.
    So it is definately something wrong with RockchipCodec not stopping video playback and returning to Kodi menus.

Please report it to Rockchip.

7. spring

spring Guest

Do you use zidoo X6 test it?

8. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Just tried latest 1.0.23 firmware.
    Other skins in Zidoo Kodi 15.2 lag heavily, 1-2 seconds waiting between menu options changing.
    Eg. Rapier skin after playing a video, Kodi just quits back to the homescreen.
    If you move an airmouse to bring up the play/stop/rw/fw controls at the bottom menu of Kodi while a video is playing, the video will freeze for 2 seconds before resuming again.
    On the default Confluence skin, Kodi doesn't quit back to the homescreen or freeze for 2 seconds.

9. cobra78

cobra78 Member

10. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Any plans for new Kodi 16?