Feedback Recording success firmware 1.4.16 (Proximus TV box for belgian customers)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by gamin, Nov 14, 2017.

1. gamin

gamin New Member

Hi everyone. I've read many thread about recording problems on the X9S, and about the right way to remove signal protection. I just want to report my experience because I've finally been able to use the HDMI In app the way I wanted it to work.

I'm from Belgium, and I wanted to record the HDMI signal from my ISP TV Box (Proximus). I tried many splitters and I always got protected signal message. Last time I tried was on firmware 1.4.12, but I got another message saying unable to record.

After many reading, I decided to restore my X9S to 1.2.11 with the install.img method. Ordered the Incutex splitter on Amazon.fr as advised in another thread and for the first time, I've been able to record the signal. Using an old Kingston 60Gb SSD connected on the SATA port (formatted GPT and NTFS). I then upgraded to firmware 1.4.4, which was reported to work by many users. Still able to record. Now I did the upgrade to 1.4.16, and record function is still OK.

Recording settings used : Resolution 720p, output MP4, bitrate 10M, 2 channels 44100. Also had to change sound settings on my box to stereo. No sound at all on the X9S when sets to AC3.

Hope this can help someone else.

2. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Hallo,ik ben ook van belgie en heb telenet,ik heb in het begin ook geprobeerd op te nemen maar het ging gewoon niet misschien moet ik het nu nog eens proberen omdat het bij u wel werkt.

3. gamin

gamin New Member

Aaaahhh, Belgium... Vlanderen, Wallonie... English please, for the understanding of everyone... ;) I do understand dutch, but not sure others will.

All I can say is that I was very disappointed with this recording function not working at all for me. Until I took the time to read the forum and tried all I've written. Hope I won't have to do all this again with next update...

4. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Hi,i am from limburg,from now on i will do it in english,sorry.:)