recording STOP HDMI

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by TC zidoo, Jun 15, 2018.

1. TC zidoo

TC zidoo New Member

Hi I have issue with recording, once my TV is turn off, my recording stop. I have read in this forums that HDMI out ON/OFF will affect the recording function. Is there anyway to by pass?

I read some posts saying you can unplug the HDMI out OR directly cut off the TV power.

However is there any other ways of doing it ? It is kind of difficult for me to go behind my TV and unplug my power / HDMI cord every time when I need recording since lot of cable behind.

2. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

You need to clarify a little more what you have connected to the HDMI IN and the HDMI OUT as they serve a different purpose.
    HDMI OUT goes to your TV so you can see the output of the ZIDOO X9. HDMI IN comes from the source you are recording from.
    Either a cable box, DVD player etc. Watch out for HDCP as that can prevent you from recording.

3. TC zidoo

TC zidoo New Member

hi you don't get what i mean. Basically I am saying the HDMI out put will affect the recording. If you turn you TV ON / OFF will trigger the recording function to stop.

4. TC zidoo

TC zidoo New Member

I have another TV box which connected HDMI IN to X9S and X9S is doing a recording on that TV box. HDMI out is connected to my TV from X9S. When ever I turn off / on the TV that stops what I am recording. Therefore HDMI out affect the recording function.

Anyway to solve??

5. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

Are you sure your TV box is staying on when you turn the TV off. Where is the TV box getting its power from?
    Just tried it with my set-up and there was no stopping of the recording when I turned of my TV.

6. andrea scozia

andrea scozia New Member

[QUOTE = "Schrooms, post: 42849, member: 5499"] Devi chiarire un po 'di più ciò che hai collegato a HDMI IN e HDMI OUT perché servono a uno scopo diverso.
    HDMI OUT va al tuo televisore in modo da poter vedere l'output di ZIDOO X9. HDMI IN viene dalla sorgente da cui si sta registrando.
    O un decoder via cavo, un lettore DVD, ecc. Attenzione per HDCP che può impedire la registrazione. [/ QUOTE]ciao scusa se mi intrometto,sai cosa bisogna fare per ovviare alla protezione HDCP?grazie.

7. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

Had to translate your reply. Try to use only English please
    To bypass the HDCP problem I use an HDMI splitter. 1 HDMI in from TV Box, 2 HDMI out to ZIDOO

8. TC zidoo

TC zidoo New Member

yes my TV box is on while TV is off.... TV box & x9S are both power on

9. TC zidoo

TC zidoo New Member

this also happen from another member see below post

""""""The problem with the recording that STOP depends only from the HDMI OUT !!!
    I tested many time, with more TV.

If you use the RCA-OUT cable the recorder go well... (!!!)

if you use the HDMI-OUT cable (normal connection):
    If you turn off and the turn on the TV, the recorder STOP.
    I also find a TV that make the recorder STOP, also only if you change the INPUT on TV (HDMI->digital TV->HDMI... and the record STOP)

Now I disconnect the HDMI-OUT when I have to record something, and the record works
    (ATTENTION: is also present the problem with audio noise... you have to manually start/stop a record before schedule ... or you will find a record with "audio with noise")

Zidoo X8 v. 2.0.15 BETA"""""""""

10. andrea scozia

andrea scozia New Member

[QUOTE = "Schrooms, post: 42855, member: 5499"] Dovevo tradurre la tua risposta. Prova ad usare solo l'inglese per favore
    Per bypassare il problema HDCP, utilizzo uno splitter HDMI. 1 ingresso HDMI da TV Box, 2 uscita HDMI su ZIDOO [/ QUOTE]Where do I find the splitter? can you tell me one to not faint?

11. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-1-2-HD...326257&hash=item33e7196a7b:g:PpEAAOSwUwhatcK2 $11.39 US.

12. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

Don't know what to tell you, but mine works. Maybe because I have a HDMI splitter in line as that has power to it maybe makes the difference.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Schrooms, where is your HDMI splitter you mention? Between the "sending device" you record from and X9S HDMI IN (to defeat HDCP), or between X9S HDMI OUT and TV, or both?
    Anyway, may be this issue related to HDMI CEC bad handshaking between TV and X9S?
    The only definitive way to test if so it's to buy a HDMI adapter that interrupt the CEC line and put it between X9S and TV. I know there are some, but I can't say which and where. Maybe there are some posts in Zidoo forum about.
    P.S. I don't record at all, so I don't have this problem.

14. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

OK the splitter has one input and 2 output HDMI connectors. The input connects to the TV cable box HDMI output. One of the outputs of the splitter connects to the HDMI IN on the ZIDOO X9S. The outher output is not used. There is also a small power cube the powers the switch.

15. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

OK, so your is the first case.
    Maybe that your TV power on/power off don't interfere with X9S. HDMI-CEC disabled or not present?

I'm not the one who can confirm this, but for whom that have this issue, they may try disabling any CEC function in both X9S and TV.
    On TV, HDMI-CEC function have different names.
    Here some examples:
    AOC – E-link
    Hitachi - HDMI-CEC
    Insignia – INlink
    LG – SimpLink
    Mitsubishi – NetCommand
    Onkyo – RIHD
    Panasonic – VIERA Link, HDAVI Control or EZ-Sync
    Pioneer – Kuro Link
    Runco International – RuncoLink
    Samsung – Anynet+
    Sharp – Aquos Link
    Sony – BRAVIA Link o BRAVIA Sync
    Toshiba – Regza Link o CE-Link
    Vizio – CEC

Hope this can help...

16. andrea scozia

andrea scozia New Member

Scusa, quindi, prendendo questo splitter e iscrivendomi a Sky Italia, potrei registrare i canali? O non saresti in grado comunque ..?

17. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

Translated: Sorry, then, taking this splitter and subscribing to Sky Italy, I could record the channels? Or would you not be able anyway ..?

Could not tell you as each situation could be different. The only way to find out for you is to try it. Sorry.