Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Cool - just tried that with a sample that @DaMacFunkin provided and it works.

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hurray... We just need to fix the Atmos Bug..
    Off to tell Yousepe,

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. DaMacFunkin

I can't recreate this.

I have 2 FEL movies, created by Yousopes tool (FEL 7 To 8.1) then Patched.

The movies show as 08.06 and only play back in HDR on Z9X.

I then run them through Makemkv .53 - They still show as 08.06 but won't play at all on Z9X, in fact after I attempt to play one of them the decoder locks up and I have to restart the box before anything else will play.

I have tried Auto and VS10 - LG C9.

Anyone got a sample i can try?

Thank you.

4. Markswift2003

Uploading now, check PM shortly...

5. DaMacFunkin

Hi, Samples work, maybe it's MKVtoolnix as I'm adding chapters, will test again.

6. Markswift2003

Yes indeed - and they work just fine too.

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

NEws on the stutter / audio desynch issue

As weve tested Justice league mel 8.06 plays fine for a few mins then the normal stutter/audio desynch issues start

found a fix of sorts
    Use Mkvtoolnix and chop off a few mins ...ie i chopped movie at 01:55:00 timestamp which is part way thru end credits

Resultant file is currently at 45 min run time .with everything still in synch (one or two very minor stutters almost not noticable)

Going to do the same now to the Alita mkv and see if that does the same ...ill edit in later if it works ok

went out got washing in and came back to movie stuttering finally and audio out of synch somewhere round the 1 hr mark ..still a big change from the 3 min 44 mark

Alita mel7 same stutter audio lag after 5 mins on both versions

gonna try 5th element now ,once i finish gamma

So 5th element didnt help
    straight gamma mkv with 8.1 played as hdr on zidoo
    makemkv made it play as dv/da but stutter after few mins
    mkvtoolnix crops front first back next both had same stutter issues after few mins

shame cos looked like i was on to something when JL improved so much

try some more things i guess :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  8. DaMacFunkin

I’m still struggling with this, the First file i did - 1917 works as DV when run through Makemkv. As soon as I add chapters to it with Mkv toolbox it will not play.

Yesterday I did Hobbs and shaw with Gamma, the file will not play when ran through Makemkv.
    I need to isolate the problem.

@moal, when you use Mkvtoolnix are you adding underscores and reapplying the patch?

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i tried so many times to get working files with Yues beta version i finally gave up since none worked

Gamma is working for me heres my steps

open the 2 command boxes and add in the command lines....enter on first ,wait for the message to come up looking for other file,then hit enter on 2nd

Once thats gone through to the MKV
    I run that MKV patcher.bat ,add in the mkv then 8 ,for 8.1 version

that makes a DV 8.06 version file which Ziddo sees as HDR10
    i then run that MKV thru MKVToolnix to get a DV 8.06 which zidoo plays as DV and dolby atmos

heres the 2 data lines i used in Gamma for 5th element

5th element
    E:\Temp Movie Storage i7\makemkvtemp3>python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -mode 2 -mux -exp "I:\Seagate 4Tb Movies 2\The.Fifth.Element.1997.2160p.GBR.BluRay.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-AdBlue\BDMV\STREAM\00005.m2ts"

E:\Temp Movie Storage i7\makemkvtemp3>src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -i "I:\Seagate 4Tb Movies 2\The.Fifth.Element.1997.2160p.GBR.BluRay.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-AdBlue\BDMV\STREAM\00005.m2ts" -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="5th_____________________________________" 5th.mkv

maybe these lines will help if you want to try gama out
    (euro version of 5th element which came out recently with DV)

makemkvtemp3 was folder i made ,,,added gamma to as work area....did same for beta and the alpha to keep files seperate

10. DaMacFunkin

I have answered my own problem after most of the morning testing.

If I create a FEL profile 7 to 8.1 (Video and Audio) with Gamma 004, patch it then run it through Makemkv 1.1.53 then the file plays in Dolby Vision on Zidoo Z9X.

If I create a FEL profile 7 to 8.1 (Video, Audio and PGS subtitle) with Gamma 004, patch it then run through Makemkv 1.1.53 the file crashes my Zidoo Z9X.

If I Create a FEL profile 7 to 8.1 (Video and Audio) with Gamma 004, patch it, run it through Makemkv 1.1.53 THEN mux in PGS subtitle and chapters with MKVtoolnix the file crashes my Zidoo Z9X.

If I then edit the 2 crashed files in MKV Header editor and change PGS subtitle to 'Default Track - No' (also make sure Video Track is 'Default Track - Yes' the file plays in Dolby Vision on Zidoo Z9X.

I will create and upload 2 samples for people to try later.

Only problem I see is what about Forced subs in this scenario? Going to need a title to try I think.

11. DaMacFunkin

Either way it’s the subtitle that is the problem, either extracted by ffmpeg or added later with toolnix, I’ve solved it, it is just a big mess, I will send samples to Mark for him to submit a bug report.
    P.s. what are all these ‘other’ software you use?

12. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

When I set HDR at auto. Played Braveheart 4K DV picuture is very dark. When I set to VS10 for HDR, picture looks much better.

13. DaMacFunkin

Hi, how did you ‘rip’ braveheart?

14. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Using DVDFab, both video and audio passthrough, rip one copy keeping HDR and DV video tracks and the other copy just the HDR track. Use the HDR copy to play

15. DaMacFunkin

So your file is only HDR10.
    Braveheart is a FEL title I believe and needs to be converted to Single track dual layer profile 8.1 to play in Dolby Vision on the Zidoo, DVDFAB can’t create these files.
    Even if you convert to profile 8.1 if you keep the True HD track or convert to Flac it will bug up after 3-4mins anyway so probably best to rip to HDR10 at the moment.

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

silly question
    Alitas Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible with it being a MEL type
    and it plays on the Zidoo as either DV or HDR10+
    with the HDR10+ (on same mkv) working fine with DA ,and the DV is the usual stutter audio lags with dolby vision

just to throw a little spanner in the chart since i think Alitas only movie so far to do both dv and hdr10+

17. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thanks, I am checking with DVDFab on this issue.

18. Markswift2003

Sorry - not sure what the question is?

19. Markswift2003

VS10 uses it's own algos for HDR reproduction so you'd expect a difference, however as explained previously, the VS10 engine has some nasty bugs where black floor is raised. This is more prevalent in VS10 SDR but it's pretty bad in VS10 HDR too, so this is probably why you're seeing the picture as lighter.

Playing with HDR Auto, you're using the the standard Realtek HDR engine and I'd suggest the image is truer to what is intended, depending on how your TV uses the metadata (some use MaxFALL/CLL and some don't). Of course, whether you like that image or not is a matter of personal preference, and if you prefer the VS10 look, use that.

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

sorry
    in your chart youve got 7.06 mel output is dv and 7.06 fel , the output is hdr10+
    Alitas 7.06 Mel and outputs both DV and HDR10+

or am i reading it wrong

sidenote not part of above

LOTR and the Hobbit trilogies are out
    im seeing remux for the extended LOTR part 1 at 114 gig
    im guessing the full image is gonna be a nightmare to try convert to mkv