Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

At the moment I have mine set to permanent VS10 SDR (with an SDR EDID), so with the resolution fixed and the GUI at 23.976, there is no resync at all unless the content is a different frame rate or I switch source.

Where does the 3s resync come from? Change of HDR mode only? I don't think I've ever seen mine do it that quick - it's either 15s or zero.

Teacher likes this.
  2. Fade

Fade New Member

Can add the videofiles I tried on was :
    dvhe.08.03,
    dvhe.05.06

Noone have any insight? Or help me with what info you need to help :) ?

3. Michael Ching

Michael Ching New Member

Any chance we get VS10 SDR BT 2020 ( with an SDR EDID) soon?

B0RN likes this.
  4. Colmas

Colmas New Member

The 3s I am referring to is when the movie intro begins. However, the video on the screen that displays the VS10 engine logo HDR format, plus movie name and background movie art, when I press play is immediate. Sorry if I have confused the issue.

Cheers

5. Markswift2003

Gotcha

6. Fade

Fade New Member

Edit: Suddenly just works. Changed back to auto to try to gather some more info and it just worked. Sorry to disturb you guys.

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Question - I have the recommended settings on the Z9X, is there a reason why when playing DV, it only outputs 8 bits instead of the 10 bits its set to, is this normal? I have a LG C9.
    See screenshot.

Attached Files:

8. xskip

xskip Active Member

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

10. Michael Pitogo

Michael Pitogo New Member

Hi all, new to Zidoo. It's been some time and lots research to get the picture usable. Thank you Mark for providing that PDF!! I followed it and it helped my issue. I came from the JVC Projector camp which had issues with crushed blacks. I lost a lot of shadow detail compared to what I was using AppleTV 4K (2022 HDR10+).

I'm transitioning 4k movies from Plex on AppleTV 4K (2022 HDR10+) to Zidoo for the ability to get audio passthrough. With ATV+Plex I was limited to 7.1 and using Auromatic (for heights) I think Apple doesn't allow passthrough audio to pass atmos,dtsx etc, it is passed as LPCM at least with player Apps. It does good with passing HDR10 and HDR10+. With Zidoo I can now get the audio stream passed but it seems it needs to be converted to DV so no native HDR10 or HDR10+ like in 1917.

11. Markswift2003

Not sure why you think that - audio is completely independent of HDR mode.

12. Michael Pitogo

Michael Pitogo New Member

So AppleTV 4K can output E-AC3 which is the streaming version of Atmos from most of the major streaming apps, Netflix, HBOMAX, Paramount+. However, Apps like Plex can't output the Dolby TrueHD (Atmos) so the AppleTV converts it. I think Apple artificially limits this capability. But they do allow both streaming HDR10+/DV and Plex to play disc backups eg HDR10+ content like 1917. Hope that makes sense and why I got a Zidoo.

13. Markswift2003

I'm just confused because you said the video needs to be converted to DV in order to passthrough audio with the Zidoo so you are unable to use HDR10(+) natively (which is obviously not the case).

(E-AC3 isn't the streaming version of Atmos by the way. E-AC3 is an enhanced version of Dolby Digital AC3 with more channels and higher sampling rates. Lossy Atmos with preconfigured joint object coding can be layered on a backwards compatible E-AC3 stream)

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I've noticed that most of latest MKV packages are coming with Atmos/DD-AC3 channels showing label EAC3.

15. Markswift2003

There are two flavours of Atmos, one is lossless with object data calculated on the fly (using MLP - Meridian Lossless Packing), one is lossy with sideband metadata to reconstruct the object data (Using JOC - Joint Object Coding).

MLP is used in physical delivery due to bandwidth (and therefore size) and JOC (also known as Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos) is used for streaming.

MLP is carried in a TrueHD package and JOC in an E-AC3 package.

Neither can be contained in an AC3 package.

Visconti12 likes this.
  16. papirus

papirus Member

@Markswift2003

Hi Mark ,

As I wrote here before ; I had a "no audio" problem with my Zidoo Z9X and I have a new fix on it.

I use my TV panel Samsung 65Q80R and Zidoo Z9X with your recommended settings. Zidoo Z9X is connected to TV via HDMI and DAC via optical cable. The DAC is connected to the Marantz PM6003 Stereo Amplifier with Stereo cables. So I listen to everything in the house from the stereo system.

But from time to time, when I turn on Zidoo and try to watch a movie, I can't get Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 channel sounds over the optical cable. Then I realized this:

I follow your recommended settings exactly: In Zidoo, the following setting is selected for my TV panel. ( 3840x2160p 23Hz )

Screenshot_TV Çozunurluk.png

My frame and resolution settings are also set as you suggested. ( Match frame rate and resolution )

Screenshot_Kare Hızı ve Cozunurluk Esitleme.png

But when I open a movie in Zidoo with the above Match frame rate and resolution selected, sound is heard at first, but when the screen goes black, there is no sound from the movie.
    With this setting selected, I have been experiencing such a troublesome situation with movies 90% for months.

An example of a movie and TV show I had a problem with the sound...

Screenshot_20230102-142651.png

Screenshot_20230102-142612.png

If I choose this setting Match frame rate only or Off , the sound problem disappears and I don't have any problems.

Turning the Zidoo Z9X or the TV off and on does not solve the problem. Whenever I unplug the TV and plug it in then everything goes back to normal and I can get the sound.

Do you have any advice on how to solve the weirdness here?

Best Regards

Papirus

17. Markswift2003

Probably something to do with HDMI sync upsetting the DAC connection but I'm not sure what the problem is. What is your Audio setting - if you're using a DAC with a stereo amp it should be "LPCM 2 Channel"

18. papirus

papirus Member

Mark ,

I use the setting with LPCM 2 Channel selected, but the result does not change even if that setting is selected differently.

Sample Video :

https://mega.nz/file/fJRh0KKL#kpe6SJlLk_FnINoXqTeyUSkbvicAXE2D4bzbq5MpQ6E

19. Screemer

Screemer New Member

Hello, newbie here. Just got myself a Z1000 Pro so i can enjoy full Atmos on my soundbar. I used to use Infuse on AppleTv or Plex on the Tv app of my SOny OLED. I seem to have a couple of problems though. Its working fine, but i just cant get the picture right. On the Plex TV app, the picture pops, colour is nice and vivid. On the Zidoo, its a little muted, doesnt pop. I have set the hdmi range as the recommended, but i tried this morning to put it to auto and it certainly boosts it, but i think too much, almost crushes the blacks. Second problem, i play 24hz movies but the box flashes up, top left, that they are playing 60. Thats the same even if i lock the resolution to 24hz, so i dont really understand whats going on there. The file info shows 23.976. 4K movies seem to show correctly. I have set the options to 12 bit by the way.

20. Rajiv

Rajiv New Member

Hello I just got my new Ziddo Z9X. The settings are as per the suggestions in the fourm
    The HD 1080p movies play well. However the 4k movies play in 720p and stutter.
    The movies are stored in a USB disc connected by USB3 port

Thanks for advice