Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Necrocis

Necrocis New Member

Yeah I’m just curious as to why auto isn’t detecting the correct range. Everything looks great.

Big John likes this.
  2. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

I have a friend looking at getting a Z9X but they use their tv speakers and they have a samsung tv so no dts support.

I see for HDMI audio settings you can have the Z9X decode DTS-HD/DTS and pass it on as 2ch LPCM. Anyway to do this without downmixing? They have a reciever in between they would like to handle the downmixing/audio stuff.

Or on auto would it be able to see through EDID no DTS support and decode without messing with it?

Yes they know they are missing features like DTSX and such by not doing bitstreaming.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure why either - it usually does although it can get confused if you change VS10 modes or EDIDs in which case a quick switch to another option then back to Auto should fix it.

But yeah, stick on 16-235 is my recommendation.

Big John likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Outputting as 2ch LPCM has to be downmixed by definition - if you mean can it be decoded to multi-channel PCM by the Zidoo, then no it can't.

Bit confused - you say they use TV speakers and then say they have a receiver in between handling the audio????

5. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

I know their setup makes no sense to me either. But thank you for clarifying that it cannot decode to multi-channel PCM (which is what my question was).

6. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Hey Mark. Is there any way, when you have a minute, to put together an idiot's guide for JVC projectors using VS10 in SDR output mode and attach it to the OP in this thread in PDF format.

I would love to print it off and have it in my HT for reference like the LDDV PDF you've put together.

I can't thank you enough for how much you help all of us get the most out of our boxes!

7. Markswift2003

Ok - just put one together for VS10 SDR.

It's very simple and is not specific to JVC projectors since no custom gamma etc is needed.

crutzulee likes this.
  8. Timkur

Timkur New Member

What prompted you to change Mark?

I was going to ask if there is a great way to switch Zidoo from 1080p/24/SDR to 4k/24/LLDV with 1 settings change (so I can flip back and forth based on the content I want to play). Having to do 2 changes on our JVC projectors turns into almost a minute-long affair... not ideal. Is there a great way to do that?

Though if there are reasons not to use LLDV anymore, that definitely makes this a 1-setting change.

Thanks!

Tim

crutzulee likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Curiosity more than anything, but I'm very pleased so far.

Just to confirm - I'm using 4K23 VS10 SDR. There's no easy way to switch between modes because in both cases you need a custom EDID among other considerations.

It's not that there are reasons not to use LLDV, especially now black clip is sorted for DV content - as I say, it's curiosity on my part.

crutzulee likes this.
  10. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

You are the best! Thanks for this!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Two quick questions... I have a JVC RS2000 with NO HDFury in the video chain.

1. If I install the LLDV EDID tweak using the PDF for JVC without HDFury, what happens when I play non-DV content?

Say I play HDR, HDR10 or SDR content, will it be out of whack?

I would hate having to tweak my JVC every time I plan on watching a movie because it's not DV.

2. Also, I already calibrated both HDR and SDR on my JVC using the JVC AutoCal software. Will doing the LLDV tweak get rid of my calibration? Will I need to calibrate again after applying the tweak?

Thanks for any help.

12. Markswift2003

Assuming you set HDR to LLDV, HDR10 and SDR content will be converted to LLDV.

No, the calibration is untouched.

13. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

Does using Ziddo's LLDV makes sense if I am using Lumagen Rad.Pro & SDR2020 for tonemapping?

14. Markswift2003

Personally I think the answer is probably yes, but give it a try and see what you think.

The thing with SDR2020 is that it's the Realtek engine that does the tone mapping and the VS10 engine is much better at it.

I wouldn't use SDR2020 with a lumagen - kind of defeats the object of the lumagen..

idlebrain likes this.
  15. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

Thanks Mark.
    For HDR/DV content, Currently Lumagen was set HDR 2020 -> SDR 2020 Connected to JVC NX9 in Gamma 2.4. Zidoo is set as Auto.

16. Markswift2003

Ah - sorry - I thought you meant SDR2020 from the Zidoo.

So yes, of course that’s fine, if not ideal, but give LLDV a go, you never know.

Certainly, theoretically it’s best for DV content because you’re using all the data in the RPU.

idlebrain likes this.
  17. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

1. Oh that's right. Basically non-DV feeds will be encapsulated within a DV container, correct?

2. Cool, I see. Only the gamma is being touched.

18. Markswift2003

1. Not so much encapsulated as converted - and it looks great!

2. Yes, but only in as much as you use a gamma you'd use for HDR anyway.

19. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

Hi.. Anyone here using the "Digital Signage Mode" on the Zidoo? Can someone share the process of setting it up?

Thanks
    S.

20. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Awesome! I will try this out this evening.

Oh another question. If I side load Emby TV for Android and use the external player options so that it uses Zidoo's internal player, will the LLDV tweak still work? Or does it only work when using Zidoo's HT 4 player directly?