Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

thank you for your reply
    I have another question from Zagreb myself, and Zidoo is now showing me these srt subtitles with the state
    Czech ext srt
    why doesn't it show croatia or just ext srt where i made a mistake in the settings

Attached Files:

2. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

if the subtitle using utf8 coding then
    movie file name.en.srt / ass -represent English Subtitle
    movie file name.ru.srt / ass -represent Russian Subtitle

Boris 1956 likes this.
  3. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Hi, is the anyway to desable the SDR to HDR convertion? I'me using the recommended settings in this post but my SDR files get really dar in the dark scenes, on brigth scenes it works perfectly. (I was using 1080p files from a TV show)

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Set your HDR to Auto as suggested in the first post.

Glorioso likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

SDR to HDR conversion is only active under the following circumstances:

1. "Mapping HDR10" is selected in HDR Settings.

2. "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine" is chosen in HDR settings and you have an HDR (but not DV) display.

3. "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for SDR" is selected and you have an HDR (but not DV) display.

Glorioso likes this.
  6. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

Nicely, the beautiful new info screens with the picture and the plot are also displayed under ZDMC. However, this only works for me if the same sources have also been read in with HT 4.0 and if the link was made via SMB in both programmes. It could also be that this works when both are linked via NFS, but I have not tested this yet... In any case, it does not work with a combination of SMB and NFS linking.
    At the moment, however, I still have the problem that the new Infoscreen sporadically reappears after closing manually via the Info button or Back button as if by magic. There can be seconds or even half an hour in between...? I know of some people who have observed the same thing, but apparently many can't reproduce it, for whatever reason.... Maybe I'll try a factory reset, but unfortunately that always involves a lot of work...

Edit:
    I was just pleased to discover that the new version 6.0.90 for my Z1000Pro has been released. Then I will test whether this error still occurs and, if in doubt, do a factory reset there!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  7. Markswift2003

I've seen a few people talking about the info screen pop up but I've never seen it myself.. But yes, a factory reset doesn't do any harm - just make sure you back up the HT4 database :)

8. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

Personally, I like Kodi resp. ZDMC much better than HT 4.0. At the moment, I only use HT 4.0 to create the beautiful new Infoscreens, but i only use them in ZDMC... ;) A backup of HT 4.0 is certainly useful.
    At first glance, the new firmware makes a very good impression overall, but unfortunately "my error" is still there. So I will do a factory reset or a full install on 6.0.22 and then an update to 6.0.90, which is perhaps the "cleanest" method...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

I connected directly to the TV and the "auto HDR" didn't trigger, I think I have to make some changes to the Denon X2700H AVR to make the signal passthrough

10. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi
    Happy new year to everyone
    When I play a working MEL MKV rip with Hdr settings set to auto, is there any difference in picture quality when i set the hdr setting to "Dolby Vision vs10 Engine for Hdr"
    I'm asking because I want to play my hdr10 movies with Dolby Vision, but I also have some working MEL Dolby Vision mkvs. And I don't won't to loose picture quality, if there is a another tone mapping used or something.
    So is there any difference on a working MEL Dolby Vision mkv, if hdr "Auto" or "Dolby Vision vs10 Engine for HDR" is selected ?

11. Markswift2003

No - "Dolby Vision for HDR" works like "Auto" except it processes HDR using VS10. DV will output the same as if you have "Auto" set.

DennisTheMenace and ammar11 like this.
  12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

New settings are available with FW 0.90, will you update your parameters available on page 1 ?

See you

13. Markswift2003

Yes, good idea :)

I'll add the Dolby Compatability Mode details as that seems to be confusing people. I've already sent a suggestion to the engineers about the help text which at the moment is rather badly translated.

gymnos likes this.
  14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

yes good idea :)

I have a Sony TV 2019 oled (with the last FW) i guess this option does not apply to me ?

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What about using DVLL on SDR stuff? Doesn't that do a SDR to HDR conversion?

16. Markswift2003

Technically yes since LLDV is a form of HDR, but I was just referring to HDR10 since that was what the op was talking about.

17. Moviefan

Moviefan New Member

Question:

On the theater view I notice the menu itself has a higher brightness setting than the surrounding area on my 2.4 screen. I have the 16:9 menu inside the scope frame. My JVC projector has blacker blacks outside the videoframe.

So I was wondering if anyone else can confirm that the theaterview and menu in general has en elevated black floor?

As far as I can tell it does not affect playback but it concerns me that the menu isnt videoblack or do I have a setting wrong?

Sincerely.

18. Markswift2003

Can you grab a screenshot of the particular screen you're talking about - you can assign one of the colour keys to screenshot with the Shortcut Keys app.

Also, what is your setting in Quick Settings/Display/HDR?

19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Markswift2003

My Monitor Plasma supports 1080p 24/60
    And yuv and RGB settings under settings .
    I mainly playback 1080p 24 Material etc
    Occasional 4K material but as you know comes out a little dull on my screen .

is still the best setting on Both yuv or best set to RGB on both screen And Zidoo for ultimate Pic Quality
    Made it basic for you unless you want more setting inf :

Thanks

20. Moviefan

Moviefan New Member

HDR setting = auto.

I tried to take a picture of it since doing the screenshot might just grab the 16:9 portion and not my whole screen. It's overexposed to show the difference. It's slight and the blacks are quite black using a jvc nx9.

[​IMG]

Here's the setting with some light on in the room:

[​IMG]