Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The age old adage of "Turn it off and on again" is still as valid today as it ever was!

2. Tried with switch but, setting the HDR on Auto, always gives me DV ........ From Mediainfo, the audio is absolutely not in DV.

3. Markswift2003

Ok - maybe try forcing another HDR mode then switching back to Auto.

So first try "SDR Rec.709 Limited" and play a few seconds of a movie.

Then switch back to "Auto" and see what happens.

4. Ok, thanks, I'll do some tests ........ Always very kind

5. Markswift2003

CEC is the work of the devil and should never be used.

IMHO of course ;)

Mabon, Superdog, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi
    I have a question about HT4
    If I use that export nfo function, does that mean HT4 will override the nfos I had created with tiny Media Manager on my source folder? In my case a USB drive. Or does it store the nfos in the custom .homeTheatre folder ? I have selected on //storage?

7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

HT4 will overwrite the nfo/images in the source folder after user approval. I plan to implement an export with custom directory and correct handling of movie set images in my Home Theater DB Tool.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  8. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Yes overriding the source Nfo files in the movie folder isn't nice, because I also use this drive in kodi on a other player

Thx for the reply

9. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello guys.
    Kindly someone can tell me how I can manually enter the frame rate?
    In some movies with a frame rate of 24,000 (Fifth Elements) it does not appear in the posters and neither those of 29,997 or 59,997 (I hope I have not been mistaken to write the frequencies:cool:).
    I would also like to insert the type of audio track of my choice (DD or DTS or DTS HD MA or Atmos).
    It can be done? if so how?
    I thank everyone.;)

joe

10. Markswift2003

For some reason the only frame rate reported on a badge is 23.976 and there's no way to manually add others using file suffixes.

Attached is a pdf showing the schema for filename suffixes, badges etc.

Attached Files:

11. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thanks Mark ..;)
    I know that pdf but I hadn't found anything about frame rate.
    Even if it is not very important do you think that in the future there will be the possibility to enter frame rates manually in the posters as for the audio?:rolleyes:

joe

12. Markswift2003

If I'm brutally honest, I doubt it's on the radar and there are plenty of other things to fix first, but it's worth emailing service@zidoo.tv and putting in a request.

13. Goodmorning everyone, I hope I have put this question in the right discussion ..... I felt it was too big to start a new one. Surely I don't know how to set all the options that the Z9x gives you well but, I thought: is it possible to make the screensaver work even if for example I pause a movie? The screensaver works fine for me whenever the device is not showing "content" ......., with the content paused, the screensaver does not activate ...... Thanks in advance, good day everyone, Andrea.

14. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

there is no option to turn on the screen saver when viewing the movie, it was postulated to do so

andreamusso.am likes this.
  15. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

That would be nice. The more we can do to avoid burn-in the better even if it's low risk. The subtitles can be real threat though.

16. @Markswift2003 Goodmorning everyone. the Zidoo Z9x, continued for a while to transmit with the VS10 engine in DV even if it was set not to do so and, one fine day it stopped. The days when he showed me the DV (even if I didn't want to), I started to see the images well, maybe of film clips I knew well, to my surprise, I found them quite good. I did some checks with the colorimetric probe and the image was not "distorted" by the VS Engine ........ Now, I have to be honest and even with the new firmware, I set the Z9x prerchè gives me DV on 4K Movies (not on SDR movies because there would be too much processing and when there is too much processing, the image suffers). I just wanted to report my experience, good day everyone, Andrea.

17. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I, on the other hand, never saw the word DV appear on the output Zidoo ( info ) .... only and always HDR10 with all films in DV, with or without MakeMKV or DVDfab. Even with DV certified clips only and always HDR10 ..
    @Andreamusso Have you done a factory reset?

18. Look, I normally update to the new Firmware, then do a factory reset, reset all settings ...... that's all .......... Are you sure you have set the HRD settings right?

Are you sure your TV or VPR is DV compatible?

For HDR settings with DV, I did this: Quick Settings -> Video Configuration (it's the second one from SX), -> HDR -> Dolby Vision V10 Engine (for HDR, DV content) ....... This item is the seventh starting from the first (HDR10 Mapping) .....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  19. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

[QUOTE="
    For HDR settings with DV, I did this: Quick Settings -> Video Configuration (it's the second one from SX), -> HDR -> Dolby Vision V10 Engine (for HDR, DV content) ....... This item is the seventh starting from the first (HDR10 Mapping) .....[/QUOTE]
    yes but so you get VS10 in Zidoo output, not DV

20. In fact, make the VS Engine work (which will transform the HDR 10 signal) into HDR DV ... The VS 10 Engine, is used to transform a signal, in our case already HDR 10 or HDR DV, into an HDR Dolby vision signal. Do you have the possibility to understand (if your TV or VPR does not show you when a Dolby Vision signal enters), to enter the parameters and understand what signal you are watching? I'm sorry but I'm writing with Google translator ......... Clearly I leave it to the more experienced to confirm what I say ...........