Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

I have nearly the same configuration ( LG C1 + 990b). With the SDR content the skins (faces) are really too red, don’t know why.

2. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

No idea what would cause that. Are you using "auto" for the HDR settings? I have a C1 and am not getting reddish skin tones.

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Re ..... that's right for a while I try to calibrate the whites on Mire and I am always above !!
    It's a bit of a shame and I play with the gamma to compensate for the burnt whites ........
    Possibly a solution?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Possibly, but also problematic.

The thing is, if you just change gamma from say 2.2 to 2.4 this will impact the whole luminance range. You'd have to adjust just the top end of the gamma curve - creating a sort of hybrid gamma - it'd be standard power gamma at the low end and then rolled off at the top in the way PQ gamma is for HDR. This is certainly something you can do with the NZ7.

This would tame the top end but wouldn't really solve VS10 tone mapping issues.

5. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ok thank you, that's what I did for the gamma.
    Now with my NZ7 should I not go back to HDR or LLDV?

6. Markswift2003

It's really down to personal preference - find some footage you know very well and that maybe has the blown highlights you describe above and then test in HDR, VS10 SDR and LLDV.

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes I have already tried, but the time to go back and forth in the parameters, that is not easy to make a difference !!
    Good day ;)

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Okay, after a lot of testing and round trip, on JVC I remain donated on vs10 SDR !!
    On the Samsung TV I will have a penchant for the HDR vs10 .............
    In the end and given the image quality on the JVC with Gamma settings ............ We will stay in SDR VS10.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Jimbo Randy

This might be a dumb question, but which option do you choose to do HDR --> SDR conversion with the VS10 engine instead of realtek? Is there an option for that?

10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes there is.. but VS10 will always look to output or convert using the best available quality.... so if your device is capable of HDR, then thats what it will output or convert to.... so you need a custom EDID to tell the Zidoo that HDR is not available on your display if you want VS10 to handle all the processing and output to SDR...

And, this is what I have found that works really well for my HDR capable projector, so I use VS10 for everything and because my Epson can do HDR but is not HDMI 2.0 speed rated (can only do up 4K30Hz) I use the 300MHz SDR Rec.709 (HDMI 1.4) EDID from the 1st page of the EDID thread. In your case the SDR Rec. 709 EDID would probably work?

Do not select the Realtek options for conversion.. it does not do a very good job. Realtek is just fine outputting SDR or HDR as is though.

11. Jimbo Randy

Interesting, thanks!

12. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Does someone know what is the maximum memory HDD 3.5' that the Zidoo Z10 Pro can support?

13. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Max capacity for an internal HDD : 16TB

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  14. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Thanks a lot! :)

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

You need an Edid: SDR Rec. 709 (on the first page) and in hdr check 'all vs10!
    And of course to communicate your diffusers in 'Itu 709'.

16. Markswift2003

Be handy if someone wrote a pdf and called it "Using Zidoo Boxes for VS10 SDR on HDR or DV displays.pdf" and then appended the name of this thread with "(VS10 SDR PDF added)".

xskip, Ovidiu Ogrean and vddan like this.
  17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Whats coming for
    LG Oled owners 2023 on is a new Film Maker Mode with Dolby Vision option instead of just Film Maker only etc

18. Jimbo Randy

Wouldn't that just be the exact same thing as selecting an existing Dolby vision preset and turning off post processing and choosing a warm color temp?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    B0RN likes this.
  19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with Zidoo box owners as such
    But as many on here own LG Oled screens Lg are coming out with a option to select Filmmaker mode for Dolby Vision inputs etc ( Film maker : Dolby Vision mode )

Which may help Zidoo owners or add further complications ………. ;)

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@DELUCAS - Checking this out, it doesn't seem likely until 2024 from what I see :(