Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

The basic explanation is, you want to select "Match Frame rate only" or "Match Frame Rate and Resolution". Each movie has it's own frame rate, and you want the display to match whatever the movie's frame rate is. By selecting "match frame rate or match frame rate and resolution", you are guaranteeing that the movie's frame rate is going to be what is displaying when you watch the movie. If you select a different frame rate than the movie, you will have stutters and or movie won't be smooth the way director intended. Only downside to the options mentioned is, you have to wait for your display to sync with the frame rate/resolution you selected, resulting in a black screen for a few seconds. There is another option in settings that will pause the movie while this sync happens. I have mine set for 7 seconds, but you may be able to get away with a quicker sync time. I hope this helps.

Someone else can maybe help with the HDR option. However, the suggestions provided by MarkSwift in the first post of this thread is going to be the settings you most likely want to follow.

Spawny_111 likes this.
  2. Franco obrador

Franco obrador New Member

is that then it mentions "HDR SETTINGS **Updated on May 22**" and I don't understand then how I leave the HDR settings

3. Franco obrador

Franco obrador New Member

the same as " DOLBY VISION COMPATIBILITY MODE (v6.0.90 onwards) " I don't understand which option you choose :c

4. which is better AUTO OR VS10?

Attached Files:

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

keep it AUTO or if you have Dolby Vision TV set it to VS10 for DV only.

6. I have DV, what is the benefit of the VS10?

7. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Wouldn't this functionally be the same thing? If your TV is dolby vision capable, auto and vs10 for DV would just pass through DV, so there wouldn't be any difference? Because DV is always done through VS10 obviously, unless I misunderstood.

@Markswift2003 am I correct with this information?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  8. fabiopg

fabiopg New Member

Hi, I have a JVC Projector. I can try this edid 600MHz Rec709 SDR.bin, but I don't understand which setting in the HDR setting menù, Auto is ok? Thanks

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

VS10 for everything!

10. Jimbo Randy

Just following up on this. Am I correct that auto and "VS10 for DV only" will be the exact same thing, if your TV natively supports DV??

@Markswift2003 @Gilgamesh

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes it does.

12. Jimbo Randy

Thanks! Yea so for me "auto" is probably all I need then. Thank you LG!

13. Screemer

Screemer New Member

Anyone help with a dark picture on Dolby vision MKVs. I’ve just replaced my Z1000 with a new one seen as I was having resolution problems. Everything is good apart from DV rips, they just don’t pop at all. I’ve set everything to the best settings as recommended. I seem to remember the last one was like this at first, think I updated it and it fixed it but this is already on latest firmware out of the box.

14. Jimbo Randy

@Markswift2003 I have a question regarding the non-4k video settings. This guide recommends yuv 444 8-bit. Can I set this to yuv 444 10 bit? Aren't most modern x265 encodes 10 bit? Apologies if I am misunderstanding something simple, but wouldn't you want to set non-4k content to yuv 444 10 bit, not 8 bit? Does it not matter?

Also, this wouldn't matter if you have the Zidoo do the upscaling since it'll send the 4k 10 bit signal. This only applies to NOT having the Zidoo upscale.

15. Damp Squid

Damp Squid New Member

I am using the Zidoos custom BT2020 LLDV EDID on my projector, and like the results. I have HD Fury Vertex 2 and would like to use the same EDID on that device.

Is the Zidoo custom EDID available as a download so i can upload it to the Vertex.

16. Markswift2003

That EDID is one I wrote years ago for HDFury and then passed on to Zidoo.

Below is a slightly improved version - the BT.2020 primaries are slightly more accurate:

https://mega.nz/file/9DJmhJBJ#f7gI9neUZB4jBqt31K1TWCC1HmteqwfJeN0YREiBvOE

A bunch of others are on the EDID thread.

dvdit and Damp Squid like this.
  17. Screemer

Screemer New Member

I not understanding whats goign wrong with my setup. I have my Z1000 connected to a Samsung Q990B soundbar, that is connected via eARC to a Sony A90J OLED. I cannot get it to output 1080p at 24hz. If i set it to match resolution and frames, it will do 1080p but only at 60p. I set it to match frames only so it goes to 24 but then its only doing 2160p for everything. Picture looks great except for DV content, that doesnt pop as much as i think it should. Just looks slightly flat. Especially compared to watching the same film in DV on Apple Tv.

18. Jimbo Randy

Did you try TV Led dolby vision? I believe Sony TVs started supporting TV Led DV starting with the 2020 or 2021 models.

Also just double check to make sure your Sony TV Zidoo hdmi input settings are identical to the Sony TV AppleTV HDMI input settings, if you are using both devices on separate inputs.

19. m.hall

m.hall New Member

I know there is a recommended setting for these :
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT ***

But could there be an Auto function added to this or how does this work. Does it force these options first then fall back to settings the TV/EDID can accept?

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Yes, these settings respect EDID, so for example if the display is HDMI 1.4 and 10-bit 4:4:4 therefore isn't supported at 4K, it will fall back to 12-bit 4:2:2 or 8-bit 4:2:0.