Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

What did you notice with VS10 HDR10 vs native HDR10? Just curious. In other comments you say you prefer auto for everythinf, so native.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    Jason G likes this.
  2. Jimbo Randy

I'm really interested in what specifically is enhanced in SDR and HDR10 when using the VS10 engine rather than realtek.

@Markswift2003

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Chroma banding is improved for one thing - why not try it yourself?

4. Jimbo Randy

I will! I was just confused because you recommend having the HDR setting on "Auto." Do you still recommend that? Or did you change your mind?

5. Markswift2003

Completely depends on the application - Auto will work for most people under most circumstances but others will have specific requirements depending on their setup and/or preferences.

No one setup is the same as any other and many setups dictate a specific application of settings.

vddan likes this.
  6. Jimbo Randy

Sorry, let me clarify my situation as your answer will probably change depending on the EDID and device combination.

I have a LG C1, which does HDR10 and LLDV or TV Led Dolby Vision natively (also does HLG it seems). In that type of situation, do you still recommend VS10 for HDR10 for the better Chroma processing? I'm aftaid that if I try to test it myself, I am going to have a placebo effect and won't be able to tell lol. I wanted to hear it straight from the expert :p.

7. Markswift2003

I don't "recommend" any particular mode - it's up to the user to decide what's best.

LGs are good at SDR, HDR and DV so for most people, Auto works just fine. You'd only deviate from that if you have specific requirements.

8. Jimbo Randy

Thanks. Makes sense. I have been very happy with my C1 so far. I need to look into color calibration, but that is a huge can of worms that I'm not sure that I'm prepared to go down lol. For now I just matched the picture settings found from a combination of HDTVTest and others, and called it a day.

9. Jimbo Randy

I have the C1, so basically the same TV. I think if you follow the settings provided in the first post of this thread, you should be good. I would think that they would apply to the C2. There isn't much different between the TVs.

10. Franco obrador

Franco obrador New Member

I've been reading about the VS10 for dolby vision. I don't understand Anything. Might you help me?

11. Franco obrador

My friend asked me what to choose in the dolby vision option

Priority Standard DV(LED TV)

or

Priority LLDV (Player Led)

My friend has an LG C2

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

LED TV.

13. Franco obrador

what is the difference between one and the other?

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I too use LG C2, and by choosing LED TV the TV handles the DV compared to player LED which is better suited for projectors or TV who don't support Dolby Vision.

B0RN likes this.
  15. Franco obrador

query, could you share your configuration? since my friend has the LG C2 and he doesn't know what setting to apply

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I use the settings on the first post in this thread but changed this:

Auto frame rate: match frame rate only

Display/Resolution: 3840x2160p 60Hz

Audio/HDMI Audio: RAW (but I guess it depends on what soundbar/receiver is being used otherwise use AUTO.)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  17. Jimbo Randy

I take it RAW means pass-through? If so, there's probably no functional difference between RAW and Auto, assuming your setup allows for most, or all, of pass-through.

Also interesting, I noticed that multi-channel AAC shows up on the receiver as "MULTI CH IN."

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Yes, I use RAW as I use the Q990B soundbar.

19. Franco obrador

Friend in Auto frame rate what is the difference in each option? and the HDR section shows many options and my friend does not know which one to choose.

20. Franco obrador

My friend selected LED TV and the audio was out of phase.