Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

My friend told me. He cant pass dtsx sound. His avr support dtsx bu he cant see dtsx on screen.
    Is there a problem??

(There is no problem on atmos)

2. Superdog

Superdog Member

My Samsung TV support DTS pass through and connect to the Z9X through eARC.

I use Auto setting now without issues but want to know why RAW not work

3. Superdog

Superdog Member

I found a review mentioned the DTS pass through issues should be on Samsung side.

Audio Passthrough

ARC

Yes (HDMI 2)
    eARC support

Yes
    Dolby Atmos via TrueHD via eARC

Yes
    DTS:X via DTS-HD MA via eARC

No
    5.1 Dolby Digital via ARC

Yes
    5.1 DTS via ARC

No
    5.1 Dolby Digital via Optical

Yes
    5.1 DTS via Optical

No
    This TV has eARC support, allowing you to send high-quality audio, like Dolby Atmos via TrueHD, to a compatible receiver over an HDMI connection. Set HDMI eARC to 'Auto' and Digital Output Audio to 'Auto' or 'Passthrough'. Sadly, it doesn't support any DTS formats.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've no idea! It should work, but "Auto" is really the correct setting anyway.

There used to be an issue where "Auto" would not pass DTS-HD from the Zidoo, so at that time I recommended "Raw" as the way to go but since that has been fixed, stick to "Auto".

Superdog likes this.
  5. Superdog

Superdog Member

I want to use optical cable connect Z9X to the Sony soundbar. But got no sound with both RAW or LPCM audio settings. How can I choose optical sound output instead of HDMI ?

Thanks in advance.

6. Markswift2003

Make sure that "Downmix HD Audio" is turned on but it does get a bit complicated:

TOSLink can only pass PCM, lossy AC3 and lossy DTS - not DTS-HD, TrueHD, DTS-X or Atmos.

Because of licensing restrictions, the box cannot actually "downmix" DTS-HD or TrueHD to multi channel - that's a bit of a misnomer - so it will use the DTS core in DTS-HD tracks. TrueHD doesn't have a "core" as such so you'll need a separate AC3 track if you want multichannel sound.

7. Superdog

Superdog Member

Thanks for your informations, I finally can use optical RAW pass through output to the soundbar by disconnect the soundbar's HDMI cable to the TV. And the soundbar can decode my DTS 5 1 movies.

For Dolby HD and TrueHD I will use back HDMI RAW pass through to the soundbar.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. Superdog

Superdog Member

My conclusion is buy LG or Sony next time....

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well I think I'm a bit late to the party in that I've been focused since buying my Z1000 Pro last August, to produce the best 4k UHD Bluray HDR10+ and since getting my HDfury Vertex2, Dolby Vision (LLDV) to my non-DV Samsung display.

PQ has been awesome and more than justifies the cost outlay. But nothing prepared me for the relatively massive increase in PQ using my Zidoo and Vertex2 when playing my SDR stuff. I played an old rip of Driving Miss Daisy earlier today just to see what it looked like. Well all I could say is Wow! It was breathtakingly good and cannot wait to rip a few more goodies and play those.

Marvellous

Markswift2003 and Mariusz like this.
  10. @Markswift2003

Good morning, I apologize because I take advantage of it and I say thank you already in advance ....... The point is this: I have a Sony KD-65XE9350 TV that is equipped with a video processor that is the best performing in the Sony TV line (it is the same processor that Sony uses on all high-end TVs, at least until 2020). I did some tests and, to be honest, given the processor power, it seems to me that the best result is with the HDR on Auto. (I point out that the TV is calibrated by me with a probe, both at the level of 1080p material and with 4K HDR material) ... Now, with the new Zidoo firmware for your Z9x, what do you think are the best settings on paper for me? I understand that this is a somewhat "particular" question but, if you can tell me how you feel, I would be grateful. I still apologize for bothering you and I wish you a good day, with my best regards, Andrea.

11. Markswift2003

Hi Andrea,

I was about to reply to your PM, but I'll reply here since it may be pertinent to others:

In your case I would absolutely say leave the HDR setting on "Auto".

This will provide all content in its correct and native format (SDR, HLG, HDR10(+), DV)

The new EDID function can provide two things - it will enable users of non-DV displays to enjoy Dolby Vision (once a couple of issues are ironed out) and it allows you to manipulate the EDID if there are conflicts or issues in your setup that this can address. Neither are applicable to you.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  12. Thank you so much, really kind ...., Andrea.

13. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello everybody. I am new to the forum and need help with uhd3000.
    I thank in advance who can help me.
    Setting as Mark says on auto to get a direct signal, I noticed that a signal comes out that is the maximum supported by the tv (oled 77c8lla) at 60hz. Ok the framerate is not a problem but the dolby vision display is a problem. In auto mode everything is played in Hdr10. I would like to know if there is a possibility to set the player to output both dolby vision and hdr10 in the right ways. Only one title works well in dolby vision (wonder woman 1984) activating the dolby vision logo on the tv and not the vs10 one.
    thanks again for those who can help me.
    Joe

14. Markswift2003

It depends what profile, enhancement level and container your Dolby Vision files are.

Currently, for Profile 7 (mainly just commercial BluRays) the Zidoo will play out in native DV only for MEL (Minimal Enhancement Layer) profile 7 files in an MKV container.

The SOC supports Profile 4, 5 and 8 natively.

15. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thanks Mark .... TOP!
    One more question: yesterday I downloaded the latest firmware where I can set vs10 Only for dolby visio material but .... it doesn't work. It all comes out in hdr and I don't understand this. Could it be because the container is m2ts? i have about 10 movies saved on hard disk with dvdfab that i can't see in native dolby vision. Only WW1984 is Mkv dolby vision without vs10 intervention. Will I have to wait for a new dvdfab release to convert m2ts to mkv my files to see smooth dolby vision on uhd3000?
    Thanks again.
    Joe
    P.S. if I leave color space on auto the image is very dark instead if I set 0-255 the colors are bright and natural.

16. Markswift2003

Yes, M2TS won't be recognised as DV for profile 7 - needs to be MKV.

I use MakeMKV to rip to Dolby Vision MKV, so you could do the same... and it's free!

17. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thank you so much Mark ... I'll try to do as you say.:)
    Joe

18. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I am not an expert, but I have the impression that it is settled on my side or I am making the wrong impression ... firmeware 6.1.15

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  19. Sam135

Sam135 New Member

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the simple question...but you are a digital GOD!:D

I purchased the Dune HD Max Vision 4k which has the same RTD 1619DR chip. ISO files and many MKV files with DV all play smoothly (ISO files are flawless for DV FEL AND MEL).

HOWEVER, there are a number of MKV DV files that simply wont play or lock up the player. It appears this may also be the case with Zidoo players reading through all the posts. I've changed a whole bunch of settings but nothing has worked. Am I alone in this camp or is it still hit and miss to play certain DV MKV files? It appears it's a constant software development process. Is there a way to convert an MKV file to ISO that anyone knows how to preserve DV?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I've reached out to Dune support but they dont have a Community forum as extensive as this one with such amazingly helpful people!!

Cheers,
    Sam

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021