Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can you explain what DV with HDR compatibility means?

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

if your TV does not support DV it falls back to HDR10.

Verve likes this.
  3. oha

oha New Member

Hi. all.. Im sorry just registered to the site an hour ago.. I couldnt find the exact place to ask this question..
    Some people recommend editing tor files for "decreasing files in size or improve their quality.." purposes..
    I dont want to change tor files' format/packaging.. I just wanna take a single audio file (.mka) from one movie and put that to another version of that movie's folder just like a .srt subtitle file in the same folder.. can z9s or z9x or dune-hd do this ? or is there any way I can play this audio file (.mka) with the movie just like the subtitle (.srt) file.. thnx

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean by "decreasing files in size or improve their quality.." purposes.. " but as far as I know there is no support for external audio files, not that I've ever had a reason to try.

If you want a second soundtrack just mux it into the file with MKVToolnix.

5. oha

oha New Member

1st of all.. thnx 4 the respond sir ! but thats exactly against tor community's hollie rule number 1.. do not change the tor package.. or you'll be damned !! : )
    thats what I am avoiding in the first place.. to use audio just like an .srt file .. I was thinking it could be easy to do. because .srt files are so easy.. just put it in the video folder.. and voila.. and it means the tor package left untouched.. both ways.. no harm done.. job done..
    but if non of those boxes are able to do this.. then.. we dont have a chioce of course other than muxin it in the to video file.. : /

6. Verve

Verve New Member

No one seems to be able to answer my question? Ok, how about this official file from Dolby at http://media.developer.dolby.com/Do...lowing2_1920x1080@59.94fps_15200kbps_fmp4.mp4? Is anyone else playing it properly on their Zidoo device? My U8H TV stutters when playing it and when I checked video info, it has HDR compatibility in it. If others have no issue, my guess is it's my U8H which can't handle DV+HDR video..

7. Elias

Elias New Member

I just bought a Z10 Pro and a used JVC Dla X7900be. I would appreciate any help to setup correctly the Z10 Pro.

I have connected the Z10 Pro with optical HDMI to JVC Dla X7900be directly
    and for audio, the optical output (S/PDIF) to Yamaha RX-Z11 Amp.

For audio setup are there any settings to convert Dolby Atmos to Dolby Digital Plus / TrueHD and DTS HD Decoding (optical output not HDMI);
    I tried in Settings - Audio - S/PDIF audio > RAW
    and Settings - Audio - Downmix HD Audio Output > Both settings with no lack.

Yamaha sees Dolby Atmos as PCM. If any movies have DTS sound or Dolby Digital Yamaha RX-Z11 Amp read the sound correcttlly.

8. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Team, not sure if there's a better thread of my issue with NFS but I am trying sharing over PC and not all but a few drives that I select always crash back the main page of HT from the Source page. Same thing happens when I try to connect these drives from the Zidoo Controller app. Other drives mount and scan fine. Anybody seen or know what the issue would be?

I have WinNFS running and all directories sorted out. Data is on the root folder but I also have an empty folder on the root on all drives as well. Odd that some drives mount and scan fine but others just keep crashing back to HT main page when selected in the source section. Please help.

9. Markswift2003

Don't use NFS.

SMB runs better on these boxes.

B0RN likes this.
  10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Smb wont run at all... always shows my folders are empty?

11. Markswift2003

Weird, but you don't surprise me ;) :p:confused:

B0RN likes this.
  12. Edgarf87

Edgarf87 New Member

I have a Samsung neo qled 2022 model, which doesn't support Dolby vision, but does support hdr10+.
    What are the recommended hdr settings with the Z9X for my tv? Auto or DS10?

13. Markswift2003

Probably Auto - That gives native output for SDR, HLG, HDR10(+) and will use the HDR10(+) base layer in Profile 7 DV and use VS10 to convert Profile 5 DV to HDR10.

But you have to decide for yourself if you think any of the VS10 modes give you a better image or not.

Edgarf87 likes this.
  14. Aruuus

Aruuus New Member

Hello,

Could someone tell how to set up picture parameters option which is available when HDR modÄ™ is on ? By defsult all of it is 32 but is way to dark and dull. I calibrated my Lg Oled with CalMan with this default 32 options but I think I need to redo with correct ones. I remember few month ago default values was 35. Please tell how you set up this thing ?
    Thank you.

15. Girjaman

Girjaman New Member

What do you think about this video? Based on this what is the recommended setting for Zidoo regarding TV-led/LLDV? o_O
    In earlier videos he says almost all android player handles wrong TV-led, Zidoo is no exception.

16. Junkie_000

Junkie_000 New Member

Why does Z9X keep changing to FULL 0-255 can not seem to make it stay on LIMITED. As soon as a play a video it changes back to FULL.

17. Markswift2003

Never seen that - is this on recent firmware?

18. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Mark, I cannot reproduce custom naming tags with .iso files. All i get is A,B,C on Titantic or for example Avatar Way of Water

For Example,

Titantic.3d.disc-1.iso
    Avatar Way Of Water.3d.part-1.iso

Same with (Number#DisplayName) where Avatar Way Of Water.2022.3d.1#3D1 or 3D2

What have I missed or does it NOT function with .iso because something else is at play with metadata and naming.

I did not attempt on .mkv files. I just have a few Lord of the Rings , Titantic, Avatar Way of Water etc.

Basically looking for something different than ABC, but I can deal with that as it is in order with 4K/3D Disc 1 and 2 as A,B,C

Strangely for UHD and 3D BDMV/ISO it labels them correctly during metadata scan as 4K/3D in the boxes that are ABC if unknown. I tried stripping down my regular naming system to very basic, still no luck with ISO. I am guessing because there are two very similar files in the directory with the only distinguishing separation is Disc-1, Disc-2 since they are iso ext

It has to be the way Poster scans a BDMV/3D vs. mkv mp4 file. This strengthens the case to convert all to mkv and be done with it. I rarely look at BD menus anymore anyways.

Failsafe is Showing Path at bottom of screen in poster: Works every time to be sure!

19. Markswift2003

I just tried it with Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring:

Screenshot_20230618-183123.png

With the files named like:

upload_2023-6-18_18-37-46.png

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Not sure if i was not waiting long enough for refresh, seems to help exiting poster and going back in. I got it now. FYI this is how I did it for BDMV UHD / 3D Parts 1 and 2 ISO on Avatar WOW Images

Folder Name ( BDMV)
    Avatar The Way of Water (2022)(UHD)(HDR10)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1)(1#4K)
    File Name (.ISO)
    Avatar The Way Of Water (2022)(3D)(DTS-HD MA 5.1)(2#3D Disc 1).iso
    Avatar The Way Of Water (2022)(3D)(DTS-HD MA 5.1)(3#3D Disc 2).iso

This gets me the below Result in the boxes:

4K, 3D Disc 1, 3D Disc 2

Noting that the number before keeps them ordered with 4K first, 3D discs 1 and 2 in the 2nd and 3rd position.

Not sure why it wasn't working the first several attempts. I may have used a - instead of space in the brackets.
    I still keep the source type , and other meta in the files names which was the way the older zidoo poster used to pick up tags before mediainfo. It still works for me and I can make Radarr, or TMM label them just like that so I have no extra efforts usually when cataloging discs and renaming files / folders. Radarr still hates BDMV folders but iso has gotten better over the years.

As always thanks for the quick response Mark