Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. I have a problem with the REMUX DOLBY VISION file, the movie playback crashes and sends me to the zidoo z1000 pro home page. I have to turn off the player and restart the movie by switching to fast forward. Is this a known problem or did I make a wrong setting on the player? I have already done a factory reset and a flash without success.
    Thanks for your help

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Question on the setting for putting HDDs to sleep after 10 mins.
    I have 4 external drives connected to the Z9X but even on 10 mins. setting, they never went to sleep and this was completely fine. It was just a piece of mind setting in case I ever forgot to shut the device off which I always do every night.

Now, I just got a Hard Drive enclosure and as directed, it goes to sleep after 10 mins, and takes about 8 seconds to boot back up and play the movie if prompted.

My question is, is there a reason why the enclosure works as intended and the other external drives didn't?

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Plain and simple, if it crashes that badly, the most likely culprit is because it is an incorrectly muxed or poorly formatted file. Did you mux it yourself? Or let me guess.... you downloaded it? I assume other files or straight rips play OK?

xskip likes this.
  4. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Bonjour. Oui vous l'avez deviné ! Je n'ai pas de fichiers ni de déchirures directes. Donc le problème vient exclusivement de ces fichiers téléchargés ? Si je rejoue ces fichiers avec Makemkv je perds le DOLBY VISION. Quand je lisais des films avec mon zappiti one 4k hdr je n'avais aucun problème mais ce lecteur n'a que le hdr à gérer.
    merci

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Did you tried to reproduce with different files or movies? I'm playing Zappiti One 4K as well and find a big difference in DV as Zappiti plays only HDR.

6. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

The files which are not remux but still dolby vision pass correctly. Indeed there is a big difference between the HDR of the zappiti and the DV of the zidoo in favor of the z1000pro obviously. Do you also have playback problems with your DV remuxes?

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

No problem at all but my device is ZX9 and passing through Vertex2 that may help.

8. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Are your files your own remixes or files found elsewhere? SORRY but another question. In the settings, HDR on auto or VS10 for DV is the same thing?
    HDR in auto mode, the DV will be processed by the VS10 engine?

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  9. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

playing DV on Auto or "VS10 for DV" should be the same. Suggest you try "VS10 for DV & HDR" and see how that goes for you.

10. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Yes I will try

11. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

well, it doesn't work with your suggestion Phil181. The films crash it always happens in the same place, I have to spend the moment in accelerate and then the film is played correctly.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Maybe a bad encode, try another version.

13. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

this certainly suggests you have file problems, as that behaviour is not seen on any DV remuxed movies or TV series with DV on my Z1000Pro.
    If you did not rip the files yourself, check if you can find another copy (maybe from a different friend :cool:)?

Stay away from anything noted as "Dolby Vision hybrid" as this can involve adding DV information extracted from a different web source and adding it (often very poorly) to a standard HDR10 disk source to try and create a DV movie where the studio has not released one. Zidoo's Dolby VS10 hardware will show HDR10 files very well, without needing this, if done in Settings.

ptitmick22 and xskip like this.
  14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I haven't had any problems with Dolby Vision Hybrid files, the VS10 on HDR10 files can sometimes make some scenes too bright.

ptitmick22 likes this.
  15. Not

Not New Member

Many thanks for the recomeded settings and support on this forum Markswift2003!

gymnos likes this.
  16. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello, I tried another version on one of the movies that crashes and it's still the same thing. I don't understand it! Maybe the HDMI cable? Mine are certified 48Gb/s

17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

If you are downloading files from the internet, then you get what you get... just in case though... have you downloaded and installed the latest fixed version of the HT4 apk? Or does the exact same thing happen when opening and playing the files from the Media Center app?

B0RN likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Completely agree.

Extremely unlikely it's the HDMI cable. In fact I'd go as far as to say impossible.

19. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Thanks for your feedback. If I go through the media center the movies also crash. Whether ISO or remux MkV DV movies crash. I have movies with a slightly different resolution (3160*1900) in DV which works fine.

20. Verve

Verve New Member

Hi, I tried playing DV muxed movies and DV movies which are HDR compatible on my Z9X, it seems DV muxed movies gives a better range of colours than the HDR compatible version; everything looks enhanced and it looks really great but the HDR version looks just like... a normal HDR (DV is definitely running when I check TV mode).

Can anyone explain why? Below are 2 examples of mediainfo from the same movie (both in MKV format), 1 DV muxed and the other DV but with HDR compatibility.

1) Colors look really good here
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5@High
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration : 2 h 4 min
    Bit rate : 16.5 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.083
    Stream size : 14.3 GiB (61%)
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Full

2) Colors look like normal HDR.. I can't tell the difference for DV at all
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5@High
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration : 2 h 4 min
    Bit rate : 13.5 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.068