Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. khollister

khollister Member

Probably US slang for one of these things.

After the Zidoo HT and ATV with Infuse Pro, most of the other device UI's leave a lot to be desired IMHO

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Edworld

Edworld Member

Is this with a Vero 4k+? I thought it was great and just recently disconnected it. By the way, also call my dock a toaster and is used often.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've definitely learned something tonight :)

4. khollister

khollister Member

Yes. First one had complete HW failure. Replacement was non-responsive to remote. And I have decided I hate Kodi - completely unintuitive to configure for me at least. I'm sticking with what I know and use in the house.

5. khollister

khollister Member

Wamma-jamma! Everything is working perfectly, audio and video (you weren't kidding about colorspace problems with the Realtek doing the SDR conversion). Thanks for the tips - saved me a lot of time mucking about.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I attempted to learn the power on/off command from the Samsung remote on my Zidoo V12 BT remote. Power off works but the V12 won't turn the TV back on. The TV remote has a single power button - is this a known Samsung thing or am I just doing it wrong?

6. Markswift2003

Power on/off toggle codes can be a bit tricky to learn because of how they're structured. Just tried it on my Samsung here and power on/off works fine - Put the V12 into learning mode, press the power button you want to assign and only press the power button on the Sammy remote for a split second to learn and it should work.

7. khollister

khollister Member

Tried it again and success! I must have pressed the button on the Samsung remote too long.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Alen - nothing new in what you say - picture-wise there's no difference at all, even with the Neo models, which you have excluded. This is very well known in this forum.

But you miss the advantage of internal drive bays and with the UHD3000 the internal DAC. Horses for Courses, but you haven't brought anything new to the table here and may confuse new members.

9. Alen

Alen New Member

@rozel

Thank you for your reply, The reason I made this video is for the new members, Personally before I bought all these Zidoo models, I was told ( and read in this form ) that the UHD 3000 is the best for PQ and AQ even if you are running via HDMI. I read the data which to me shouldn't give the UHD3000 any advantage over the others in that area, but I could have been wrong. So i bought them all and decided to test and and publish my results :)

gymnos likes this.
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm reporting you for serious duplication

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Stupid question but does zidoo support LPCM tracks? I just tried 2 diff. movies and no sound. Other tracks on same movies play just fine.
    Its so odd... the avr shows that the multi ch in is playing etc. But no sound. Im stumped.

12. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Remote control volume turned on?

13. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Definitely does! Have played many movies with stereo and multi-channel audio.
    Try changing Settings to RAW (rather than auto) to ensure it is being passed to your AVR correctly?

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Well other tracks played fine so I didnt check remote control volume... would the volume be different for different type of tracks?

I did try switching from Auto and Raw and Passthrough option and had no luck.

15. khollister

khollister Member

The volume control only works on LPCM tracks, not bit streamed DD or DTS. There is a "Volume Direct" or something like that in Audio settings that disables the volume control so this doesn't happen.

B0RN likes this.
  16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

oh that is so odd... wish I knew this and not think I borked my Z9X. Will try this tonight.

17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Separate question, what is the Compression setting under Screen Ratio and is that accurately set by default? Or should it be something else?

18. Markswift2003

It only matters if you have something other than 16:9 as the aspect ratio - for example if you have a 2.35:1 screen.

B0RN likes this.
  19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thanks Mark.

20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So my volume on Zidoo was indeed all the way down and bumping it up fixed the issue on LPCM Tracks. Regardless I just turned the Volume Direct ON to have it full at all times across all tracks as I control volume on my AVR. Such a weird and unnecessary feature I think.