Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Use the settings from the first post.

2. Lkr

Lkr New Member

I have a LG CX which does HDR and DV, but not HDR10+. I have a couple of recent rips that have HDR10+ support after being muxed with MakeMKV. my question, which may be a dumb one, is whether the Zidoo can take the HDR10+ metadata and map it as DV using VS10 to my TV.
    no big deal if this isn’t possible, just more of a curiosity

3. Markswift2003

No - I'm afraid there's no route from HDR10+ metadata to Dolby Vision metadata in any player or processor.

VS10 can of course convert HDR10+ to DV using the HDR10 layer but the HDR10+ metadata isn't used.

4. Lkr

Lkr New Member

thanks for the explanation!
    one more question…is there a way to to map the power button on the remote to do standby instead of a full shut down every time? I think the obvious thing for me to try is to map a sequence in harmony to go to the app icon with standby; but if there is something built in I would love to know.
    edit: nevermind figured it out in shortcut keys!
    thanks again for the quick response!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  5. Gelto

Gelto Member

You can quite easily strip and convert your HDR10+ metadata into a DV rpu file and inject it back into your rip - et voilà. It's all explained here or here :)

Lkr likes this.
  6. destr91

destr91 New Member

А эти настройки подойдут для LG СX OLED? типа если в Dolby vision и HDR10 и SDR, они для всех режимов подойдут?

7. Gelto

Gelto Member

Yep, they should be working, since the LG supports DV and HDR10.

...and please keep it in English, товарищ ;)

8. destr91

destr91 New Member

[QUOTE = "Gelto, сообщение: 165896, участник: 93694"] Ага, они должны работать, так как LG поддерживает DV и HDR10.

... и держите пожалуйста на английском, товарищ ;)[/ QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, Google automatically translated and I thought that the Russians were sitting here)

9. mjolken

mjolken New Member

Okey so.. I'm new to Zidoo and players like it.

I got an Zidoo Z9X, --> Samsung HW-Q96R, -->Sony KD-55AG8.
    Z9X installed version, v6.3.50

I'm looking for the "best" settings for picture/sound. Not really having issues, but just wanna do everything correct from the start.

I don't know if my tv support LLDV..
    This EDID i have seen people talk about, should I have one?

Thanks for the help in advance. If I've left anything out, tell me what and I'll try to provide info. Thanks

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Go to first post in this thread - a lot of good info there.

11. Can someone tell me if doing a full source scan is the intended behavior when HT detects a change to the files? Currently, my Z9X will rescan an entire source just to find file changes.

My TV show source is over 12,000 files and when HT detects a change (new episodes, new shows, etc) it will update the entire source. This process ties up HT and if I try to do anything while its running the scan, most of the time the software will crash.

Is there not a setting for HT to only update the file change it detected? Re-scaning the entire source is crazy and takes several minutes to complete for me and kind of kills the mood when my boyfriend and I are just trying to sit down and watch the latest episode of something. We were trying to watch The Expanse tonight and ended up putting it on the chromecast because the Z9X was busy updating HT just to get all the new episodes of TV shows.

Please let me know if there's a setting I can turn on to fix this.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    vddan likes this.
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

To fix The Expanse - get Amazon Prime - lol. But seriously there are 2 options under HT preferences - 'Automatic device update' and 'Automatically scan devices'. For a large database maybe you need to turn one or both of these off and do a manual scan? As I only have a small database its never an issue - TBH I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2 options?

13. Markswift2003

"Automatic Updating Sources" continually monitors the source folder(s) for changes and then initiates a scan if a change is detected - it only knows there is a change and not what it is which is why it must scan the drive. You can see this going on if you 'shark it.

"Automatically Scan Devices" means it also scans local devices (local storage and USB) if they're plugged in regardless of source settings.

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Huh?

15. Markswift2003

Sorry - Wireshark - network analyser..

16. Thanks for the clarification. There has to be a better way to implement "automatic updating sources" though. Doing a full library scan for detected changes will tie up the whole program. And for someone who has a huge library....I cannot do any other functions while this is running, HT will crash If I do. So, it literally renders HT useless for watching media while this is taking place.

It took over 30 minutes for my TV show source to be fully scanned in last night just to pick up 4 new episodes of various TV shows and 2 movies. This killed our TV time last using the Zidoo and we just flung the shows to Chromecast from Plex and I left the Zidoo running to finish it's scans.

Its not just the TV show source doing this, but its all of my sources. My TV show source is just the biggest.

I checked this functionality on two other "hometheater" programs that I use and both will only update the library with the new file it detected. If these two can do it, there must be a way to program HT to detect file changes and only update what changed.

How do I bring these issues to the team at Zidoo?

17. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Plus one for a hopeful improvement to this behavior (full scan even if only one file was changed.) While HT4 does not crash on me, it is super annoying to have the posters "refreshed" every 5 seconds while it scans. The notification is obtrusive, and the refresh of posters is disruptive if you are browsing your library. Most times nothing has changed in that 5 second interval, so you just have a refresh of posters with no benefit, over and over again. As an interim improvement could the poster refresh be held until the entire scan is completed?

A longer term solution would be to utilize something like a watch service to track changes in the folder structure and only perform actions against the changed content. While I'm not a developer (I'm an IT infrastructure guy) there appears to be more efficient ways than triggering a full scan of the folder structure to find out what changed -
    https://developer.android.com/reference/java/nio/file/WatchService
    https://medium.com/@yairp/android-filesystem-auditing-4893cba05e30
    https://facebook.github.io/watchman/

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Time waste is important and when it's not necessary, I prefer to scan/show the latest changes only. It's really annoying when HT shows many unmatched files once again after a long scan.

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally to avoid its scrapping problems, I turn on the Zidoo 30 minutes before having to use it and like that I have 'peace' !!!

I take this opportunity to ask a question about my external hard drives which are plugged into my 'NAS', although on the NAS I have not put on standby, after a while they go into standby (surely standby internal to the DD) and it is very painful to have latency when you want to read a file on these DD .......
    Do you have an idea to fix it?

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Whats DD?

I have a synology NAS with two internal RAID disks and an external Samsung hard drive powered by, and plugged into the NAS USB port. Never have any issues with the external drive going into standby.