Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Hello,
    I ´ m a french guy from HCFR.
    Sorry if my english isn’t very good…

I have a big problem with my NEO S .
    All sources are hookup on my Radiance Pro ,NEO S ,Apple TV,Pioneer lx500.
    I play on a JVC NZ7, and a Sony tv 85xh9505.

I would say that half of my Series and movies with Hdr/DV layout are played with VS10 DV rader than hdr10.
    This files problem works fine one my Apple TV or Pioneer in hdr10 .

My Zidoo is set with HDR AUTO, 16/235 .

The strange thing is that for exemple See s3 hdr/dv works fine on my Zidoo, i have hdr10 going on my radiance like it must be. The last Thor movie works fine to.

I tried all settings possible,I don’t understand wy VS10 DV is applied, I just want that my Zidoo plays HDR10.

Thanks for your adviced.

Fred .

2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

1) Install the latste fw 6.4.20
    2) Read the first post of this thread by @Markswift2003 and make sure you have got the correct setting for you hardware.

3. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Thank you .
    I have the last firmware.
    My settings are good.

i just want that all my files goes in hdr10 in my processor.

4. Alex N

Alex N New Member

Do you think Zidoo will ever allow chapter thumbnails to be used when changing chapters?

lawdawg likes this.
  5. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Hi,
    I have a sony 65x90j DV tv.
    Sould I buy a hdfury or not? (I dont know I really need it)

6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Your Sony tv is HDR10 and DV capable. Then if no additional receiver/amp in the system, you don't need any HDFury device.

7. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

hi mark, do the settings on your first post apply to an LG C2 or G2 OLED Tv? if not, can you please list recommended settings?

should i keep it on Auto or can i leave it on Dolby Vision VS10 “for all content” in HDR setting?

also after upgrading to the latest beta firmware 6.4.20 my poster wall was gone, and when trying to select the Source button in Home Theater, the app crashes to the home screen.

any idea how to fix this?

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Those settings are perfectly valid for your TVs, but as I say, they are only recommendations - personal preference may mean you want to change, for example GUI resolution or GUI refresh rate.

If you set VS10 for all content then everything will be converted to DV with those TVs, so it depends if you want to do that or not. Personally, with those TVs I'd leave on Auto so everything is native - but suck it and see.

9. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Mark,

have you got an idea why vs10dv is always apply on my radiance pro ?
    Is it possible to desable vs10 ?

thanks .

10. Markswift2003

What setting do you have in Settings/Display/HDR ?

11. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

so the resolution and refresh rate settings only affect the GUI, not the video playback?

when i have it on Auto i get some weird behavior after stopping a video. the screen turns black and the tv loses the signal for a few seconds and shows “no signal” then comes back after a few seconds. very irritating.

12. Markswift2003

Not necessarily - it depends what you have set for Frame Rate Mode.

When either resolution, frame rate and/or dynamic range change, this results in an HDMI resync which is what you're seeing - the impact of that depends how quickly and elegantly your display can change mode - some displays do it quickly in a couple of seconds, some seem to take an age.

You can reduce the impact of this by choosing Frame Rate Only, keeping the resolution constant and setting to 4K23 since most content is 23.976fps.

13. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

This one Mark

14. Markswift2003

If you have HDR set to Auto, VS10 output will depend on the capabilities of the HDMI sink.

With the Zidoo connected to the LRP as you would normally use it, can you download and post the EDID so I can see this capability.

To Download EDID
    ================
    Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

15. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Thanks Mark,

i do this when i have Time

are toi speaking of that ? CCA89A39-28C4-4509-B9F0-35DFBCE3C855.jpeg

16. Markswift2003

Yes, that's it.

17. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

This is house of dragon hdr/dv
    It plays with vs10dv 8537F19F-4168-4CF3-9328-3F2D93B1F2EC.jpeg

18. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

This one is the last James Bond hdr/dv

it plays in hdr10
    FCEC6945-4F3D-43DA-9206-A531E59A2E10.jpeg

19. Coco68

Coco68 New Member